It Makes Me Sad - 5/8/20

That some people don't like me. 

My drive to observe, analyze, and state logical conclusions annoys and angers many people who read my work. 

It saddens me greatly. Especially in this time of great trial and sorrow for so many of us.

I'm just trying to tell the truth. 

What can I say to someone who tells me that God appointed Donald Trump to be our leader? 

I will continue to do what I do.   

To the 5 of you who are left, thanks. 

😉

https://wallstreetexaminer.com/2020/05/climb-every-market-buy-every-death-daily-stock-market-setup-may-7-2020/#comments

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DrStool said:

That some people don't like me. 

My drive to observe, analyze, and state logical conclusions annoys and angers many people who read my work. 

It saddens me greatly. Especially in this time of great trial and sorrow for so many of us.

I'm just trying to tell the truth. 

What can I say to someone who tells me that God appointed Donald Trump to be our leader? 

I will continue to do what I do.   

To the 5 of you who are left, thanks. 

😉

https://wallstreetexaminer.com/2020/05/climb-every-market-buy-every-death-daily-stock-market-setup-may-7-2020/#comments

Sorry Doc, when he said „The bible says...“ I stopped reading.

LEE'S FREE THINKING

Stocks Jump on 20 Million Jobs Lost – Daily Stock Market Setup – May 8, 2020

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

S&P 500 ES Futures Chart

The BLS reported a seasonally adjusted 20.5 million jobs lost in April and stocks rallied on the news. Wall Street loves both death and unemployment apparently.  

Croatia reopened 11 days ago. This week, new cases per day were in single digits. 

Not today. 

Today there were 36. 

The reopening of business around the world will kill a lot of people, and you have to wonder how many jobs will be recovered. 

There's no winning here.  

If this would be a right-wing-ultra-neo-con-facist board I would have been gone a long time ago.

We have very smart and bright people here, who represent the good part of the US. The cleavage in the US became very big in recent decades, both socially and intellectually. I think this can never be solved. They Vermont liberal will never understand the fly-over-state redneck and vice versa. You can only hope that tose who win the majority In elections respect.the other side. Trump does not. He spreads hate. 

Ultimately everyone is going to make a decision on how much risk they are willing to take or have to take. Have to take in order to keep yourself and your family fed and housed. Willingness depending on age and general health.  That huge numbers of people are making that decision for what are political reasons is sad, because they may be infecting others for political reasons.  Kill granny to own the Libs but so it goes.

The semi extreme distancing and self isolation can't go on for years. People have to eat, among other things. 

The proper way to address the situation is that no matter what, devil may care personal interaction or extreme distancing both produce tragedy. Neither 'side' seems think in these terms and assume the other side has bad motives. The collapse of the economy is going to produce a stupendous increase in poverty. Unchecked spread of the virus could produce one or two hundred million deaths, Horrible ones.  

Pigeon chess.  Don't get drawn into playing it.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pigeon_chess

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pigeon chess

Here in Canada's epicentre, people have mentally checked out of the whole thing.  They've made their cookies and sourdough breads, fought for their toilet paper, and now the pandemic is no longer interesting.  I think it's making a huge catastrophic second wave inevitable.

I have major losses racked up from the initial leg down, now about 50% recovered.  Can't afford to miss the rest of the recovery if one's coming, but can't afford to ride this steaming turd back down.  I'm convinced that infections and illness will accelerate considerably during the course of the summer and fall.

Archived