• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two bicycle delivery services here in Zagreb. Wolt, and Glovo. Wolt is pronounced volt, I guess. 

Veside the point. 

Anyway, where was I?

Oh right. I order groceries from Glovo. Give them a list. Tell them where to shop. They charge $7. Groceries showed up in 35 minutes both times.  They have a tie in with a grocery chain  but they may not carry everything I want and you have to pick and choose from a list that's in Cromagnonatian language, so it's easier for me to write a list in Manglish and it's their problem. But if you use that grocer, the delivery is $1.25. 

They also tie in with DM, which is the central European version of CVS, without the prescriptions. That's also $1.25 for delivery. I ordered some items from that once. Showed up in 20 minutes. 

Same with Wolt. They do mostly restaurants, but do have a grocery tie in. I've ordered a restaurant meal from both Wold and Glovo, and both showed up in 20 minutes for a delivery charge of about $1.25.  Contactless. 

The food was awesome. 

My friends back home tell me that if you want something delivered from a supermarket, it takes about two weeks, and they're out of shit paper, and meat, and all the stuff you actually need. 

That never happened to me here in Cromagnonatia. 

The US has the most COVID19 cases. The most deaths. The fastest growth rates. The worst economic collapse. People are losing not just their jobs but their fucking medical insurance in a fucking pandemic for fornicate's sake. The goddamn country ran out of toilet paper for god's sake. Slaughterhouse workers are getting sick and dropping dead like flies. There's no fucking hamburger in the stores for chrissakes. 

None of that shit has happened here. 2200 people got sick. There are only 398 active cases now.  86 deaths. In a country of 4 million people, so OK mutiply everything times 90 to make it equivalent. It would be 200k cases, 7800 dead.  

I mean what the fornicate is going on at home. And they're rushing to reopen everything? 

We're Number One? USA, USA my ass.  If they want to make America great again, they better go in a goddamn different direction's all I can say.    

Two days ago, in the pits of despondency and depression, I decided to stay here in Europe. I'll come home after the November election. If the clown dictator wins, I'll sell my house and come back here. If he loses, and we get a reasonable semblance of a competent government again, I will sell my house and buy something smaller near the water in FL. I'll visit in the winter. But I'll still come back to Europe most of the time. 

I just want the cafes to reopen. And please dear Croatians, wear fucking masks if you don't want this crap to start up all over again.  

Meanwhile, in Sweden, that paragon of progressivism, the slaughter escalates. 705 new cases already today. There are 7 hours left in the day and they've already logged more cases than yesterday.

99 dead today. That's 12 more than yesterday already.

fornicate the Swedes and their experiment in personal responsibility. This is slaughter. Every other country on earth had the good sense to shut down for at least a little while. Not Sweden. They willfully chose death.  

8 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Meanwhile, in Sweden, that paragon of progressivism, the slaughter escalates. 705 new cases already today. There are 7 hours left in the day and they've already logged more cases than yesterday.

99 dead today. That's 12 more than yesterday already.

fornicate the Swedes and their experiment in personal responsibility. This is slaughter. Every other country on earth had the good sense to shut down for at least a little while. Not Sweden. They willfully chose death.  

Would have never happened under Olof Palme.

But the neo-cons know it all better, ya know...

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

The US has the most COVID19 cases. The most deaths. The fastest growth rates. The worst economic collapse. People are losing not just their jobs but their fucking medical insurance in a fucking pandemic for fornicate's sake. The goddamn country ran out of toilet paper for god's sake. Slaughterhouse workers are getting sick and dropping dead like flies. There's no fucking hamburger in the stores for chrissakes.

There was an Aussie (ex-journalist), who now lives near Mt Sinai Hospital in Manhattan, on the radio the other night.  She said there are sirens 24/7 and it's really hard to sleep.  There's a fleet of giant refrigerated trucks that are used as mobile morgues parked at the hospital as the crematoriums can't keep up with demand.  A whole new world ... 

Got a note from Rentomics.  https://www.apartmentlist.com/rentonomics/may-housing-payments/

• In April, nearly one-quarter of housing bills were not fully paid during the first week of the month. In May the situation worsened, as 31 percent of Americans made just a partial payment or no payment at all.
  • Despite a significant wealth gap, renters and homeowners share similar results: 22 percent of each group made no housing payment in early May. 

Cash Is Trash even Trash is worth more then Cash.....

As previously explained, there is a real economy and there is a financial economy, which are intertwined but different.  The real economy and the financial economy each has its own supply and demand dynamics.  In this section we will focus more on the supply and demand dynamics of the financial economy to explore what determines the value of money.

Printing and Devaluing Money Is the Easiest Way out of a Debt Crisis

While people tend to think that a currency is pretty much a permanent thing and believe that “cash” is the safe asset to hold, that’s not true because all currencies devalue or die and when they do cash and bonds (which are promises to receive currency) are devalued or wiped out. 

Most people don’t pay enough attention to their currency risks.  Most worry about whether their assets are going up or down in value; they rarely worry about whether their currency is going up or down.  Think about it.  Right now how worried are you about your currency declining relative to how worried you are about how your stocks or your other assets are doing?  If you are like most people, you are not nearly as aware of your currency risk and you need to be.  

So let’s explore that currency risk.

All Currencies Have Been Devalued or Died 😏

Archived