Economy Reopens to Sounds of SIlence, Stocks Rally 5/5/20

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, SiP said:

Doc, I have to go now but if you need help in Poland do let me know. I admire your work and your way of life.

In priv I could send you my local mobile number.

Just remember that when you cross border right now you have to be quarantined for 14 days in one place. You cant move outside. There is mobile app which you have to install and make selfie (really!) every 4 hours to confirm you are at this place.

Here is a link to google play for that app in polish (called Kwarantanna domowa which means House Quarantine) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.nask.droid.kwarantannadomowa&hl=pl

I would wait. They just announced some opening. Probably end of may is ok.

Thanks! Yes, I've been following the news closely. I'm aware of the 14 day quarantine. Did not know about the ap. 

The problem for anyone who wants to get into the Schengen is that there are two sets of jurisdictions, EU/Schengen, and national. There's been talk that the Schengen could stay closed until September.  

What is Europe without summer tourism.  

Catastrophe! 

The Fed's purchases of corporates via Blackrock. Big question mark as to impact.  I think nil, on the market, and maybe nil economic impact. Just prolong the inevitable. And what if the Fed incurs massive losses...

1 minute ago, DrStool said:

The Fed's purchases of corporates via Blackrock. Big question mark as to impact.  I think nil, on the market, and maybe nil economic impact. Just prolong the inevitable. And what if the Fed incurs massive losses...

It is said the BoJ buys ETF‘s since what? I think 2010, Equities that is, not bond ETF. Did it help the Nikkei? Not much... to say it positively.

I feel a strong call to central Europe. Rediscovering my distant roots in Germany is next.  

I'm a Kruk. I find that hard to wrap my head around. Fuks I can.  

17 minutes ago, DrStool said:

The problem for anyone who wants to get into the Schengen is that there are two sets of jurisdictions, EU/Schengen, and national. There's been talk that the Schengen could stay closed until September.  

What is Europe without summer tourism.  

Catastrophe! 

This is a reason for breakup of EU/EMU.

South is again terribly hit, north again is doing ok. 

This really could kill euro in the long run. North and Germany have to agree to common budget but I would put on table common tax and get rid of this tax cheats which happens in Ireland or Holland.

Archived