Economy Reopens to Sounds of SIlence, Stocks Rally 5/5/20

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys have the best dicsucsions on the internets.  The few, the proud, the dicsucsers. 

Probably more people would come if I left. 

If you leave it, they will come.  

LEE'S FREE THINKING

Bring Out Your Dead and Buy! Fed QE and Daily Stock Market Setup – May 5, 2020

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

S&P 500 ES Futures Chart

So is the Fed doing enough to keep the short term bull trend going? Below is how it looks today.

MEanwhile, rogue elements of the Trump Regime, known as “doctors and epidemiologists,” are estimating a doubling of the COVID19 death toll in the weeks ahead as states try to reopen their economies. Stock futures are cheering on the predicted rise in the death toll.

Buy Death, the traders say!

31 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Buy Death, the traders say!

Damn, how could I forget that? I actually heard those words uttered  by a trader in an office. The occasion? The assassination of Anwar Sadat but the whys and wherefores don't really matter. 

Seriously, they have to reopen sooner or later. I just wish they had waited two more weeks. Nobody here is wearing masks. I see that in all the news photos and hear it from my friends around the world. Only Poland is enforcing wearing masks from what I hear.  

Pretty odd.....

there was going to be a gap open until about 5:00 this morning,

the futures fell back to around flat, but then everything walked higher to another GAP opening........

and opening rips it all higher even more......../FUBAR

>: AND ANOTHER V on the Charts

Given that I have cardiovascular disease and am old as shit, no doubt I'd get really sick and have a good chance of croaking if I get this shit. So when I go out for a walk, I literally scotch tape a coffee filter around my nose and mouth with a 100% seal, and wear a mask over that. 

By the time I get back, I'm blue with assfixya.  

Probably wasting my time too.

But I've become phobic, along with chronic depression, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Oh my god the handwashing. And not remembering if I just washed my hands or not, after peeling the banana. 

Other than that I feel great. 

How about you? 

Good masks, that are not crappy/unhealthy Chinese knock-offs are hard to find here.

My aunt made me a cloth mask (sewed). Looks like that table cloth from a 50's diner, or

the seat cushion from a Volkswagen Beetle......

My right side hurts (feels like I took too much batting practice) 😮 and my mood is

between Feckin' Angry Shiet and disbelief-distrust

We have 6000, SIX THOUSAND, deaths after 3 months of Corona in Germany. We have 82 million citizens. We are in the heart of Europe, boarders to Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Denmark, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and France. SIX THOUSANDS, no dead kid, no dead youth, almost all elderly. Should I say more?

The question is not if the market explodes completely to the upside. The question is what will stop it from. Corona won't be it. Who will point the gun to the FED and tell them to immediately drain all that money out of the system? No one will. So we will hit 4000 even before the election and Trump will score a landslide victory.

Goddamit! Holy crap! Shit effit, phuuuuck! :(  

Looking to fill both gaps down rather quickly eh.......

or as commonly said, in the "Wink of an Eye" TOS (3-11)

In the episode, normally invisible time-accelerated aliens take over the Enterprise and attempt to abduct the crew for use as breeding stock.

In real time to the crew of the Enterprise, no evidence of life, except for an intermittent insect-like buzzing.

36 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Given that I have cardiovascular disease and am old as shit, no doubt I'd get really sick and have a good chance of croaking if I get this shit. So when I go out for a walk, I literally scotch tape a coffee filter around my nose and mouth with a 100% seal, and wear a mask over that. 

By the time I get back, I'm blue with assfixya.  

Probably wasting my time too.

But I've become phobic, along with chronic depression, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Oh my god the handwashing. And not remembering if I just washed my hands or not, after peeling the banana. 

Other than that I feel great. 

How about you? 

The bad outcomes due to age or general health should be thought of as different or separate from actually just being infected.  Many who are infected have no or minimal symptoms due to their own immune systems effectiveness  at the moment, and perhaps the amount and frequency of exposure.  

It's when the immune system fails, and that is more likely with age, that the bad outcomes to those with weaker health come into play.   If you or anyone, generally, is not subject to frequent bouts of flu  or colds or is otherwise  generally healthy, as in not often sick via infectious disease, and is currently free of underlying bacterial infection, then the chances of the bad advanced outcomes are greatly reduced. 

This is all opinion. 

Relax.

Give your immune system a pep talk.

Archived