Sudden Recoil

Whooa!

The last time I saw a message board this acrimonius, it was PruBear. They kicked The Professor and several other rabble rousers off for altercations with similarities to tonite.

It was about 3-4 trading days before 9/11.

I was blown away (but not out) during March Madness, but I recovered (the nice thing about options is that you don't hafta worry about margin calls). The 9/11 tragedy was a totally empty win for me. So I guess, in a sense, I'm 1-1-0 in the shorting mega challenge (BIG cycles only).

Similar circumstances evoke similar emotions; the chance of a big win vs. a big loss. A gambler mentality? However, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. More gambler mentality.

But, it works both ways. The mother of all fingers followed by the mother of all rectal exams. I think I'll wait it out, maybe lighten up a little if the day doesn't turn around. There's too much precedence here to totally wipe the Bear Slate clean.

IMHO.

edit - as I noted a few days back, the news IS noise because this is THE rally which was going to happen, peace or war. This rally WILL be sold; if this rally is strong enough, when we go down, we may not go up for the rest of the year.

Too many longs (and shorts) will have gone broke.

The purpose, alas, of a bear market.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BEARDRECH
Will anyone out their who is familiar with the pre-bowdlerised editions of Shakesbeer ?let me know if PETARD in Hamlet was a literal reference to what passed for a renaissance grenade, or was it a humerous metaphor for FART--

? Somehow hoisted by a grenade doesnt fit

? i'D REALLY LIKE TO KNOW AS WELL AS WOULD MILLIONS OF OTHERS

beardrech B)

Dearest Beardrech, just caught your post.

Thorass, aka Dr. Gold, and I had the same discussion some months ago! :lol: Here is the history of petard courtesy of the American Heritage Dictionary.

Word History: The French used p?tard, ?a loud discharge of intestinal gas,? for a kind of infernal engine for blasting through the gates of a city. ?To be hoist by one's own petard,? a now proverbial phrase apparently originating with Shakespeare's Hamlet (around 1604) not long after the word entered English (around 1598), means ?to blow oneself up with one's own bomb, be undone by one's own devices.? The French noun pet, ?fart,? developed regularly from the Latin noun pditum, from the Indo-European root *pezd-, ?fart.?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: The American Heritage? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright ? 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

mousey i thank you from the bottom of my far* i mean hart imean heart,i dont mean "mean heart" nither do i mean to demean the meaning of your meaningful reference to the american heritage dictionary which only happens to be inches away from where my excretory exit is-- in sh*t i mean in short i thank you for waking me up to the fact that i could have solved that lingo-semantitic (please dont accuse me ofbeing anti-semantic now) dillema all by my lonesome if it werent for a pampered existence by that i mean that everyone in my home has his or her own drinking glass--in any case from now on i wont put you through the choresome task of looking into the dictionary for me BEARDRECH :grin: :) :P :P :P

Bearrister, given we do get a false breakout above 853, how high does Inger think we can get to short-term before heading down..and when?

Btw, I think saying we can get to Dec highs just because we run a few short stops above 853 is stretching it.

Guest BEARDRECH

I'M OFF TO SLEEP NOW-I MUST WAKE UP ERLY in the morrow to contribute my 15 year old Pontiac Lemanz to the salvation army which in this case should be called the Salvaging army-

So ashamed am i for having drivien this piece of rolling grey garbage(which i purchased 2 years ago} that in the morning i will be wearing a paper bag over my head

The car is in such bad shape that i had to resort to little white fibonnacis in describing it(formerly owned by the ex-king of Romania etc)--

i also wear the disguise because previous contributions by me to other eleusomanary(sp?) institutions induced them to put me in a rogues gallery of contributors under the heading NEVER ACCEPT ANYTHING FROM THIS PERSON-- i was once turned down for donating a car too unsafe for the demolition derby-- :grin: :grin: bdrech

Inger's ceased yapping about a false breakout. THAT wuz lASSt week.

He sounded quite vague on his weekend update. No one knows what this puppy's gonna do, short term.

too damaged FUR a demolition derby*? lmazzoff sounds like of those cars HRFF sees when he goes back to West Virginny - the REAL world, not the Lotus? LOL - land world of material make-believe here in Seattle w it's Range Rovers, BMW's and Lexi galore outside nearly every door.

Sweef: Nice chart. If the rules for a head and shoulders stand up then by measuring the distance from the top of the head to the neckline and then tracing the same distance down from the neckline we can project a minimum low of close to the 78% line.

Bare: What Id like to see is someone put a parabolic on hypers money chart. You can see the natural parabola is forming. Can a top point be projected with a parabola by measuring the lower bowl part? Edwards and Magee use rounded saucer lengths to project the future rise.

morning. yawn, stretcccch, etc.

it was me who said the fucutures closed at 844. at 4 pm, when the markets closed, they were 840.90; by 4:15 pm, when the CME closed, they'd shot up to 844. most fucutures tickers register the overnight change as being from 4 pm, so by 4:15 pm they were 'up 3.10' already. <_<

BARE, from an astro perspective, bush has an extremely difficult year on tap, and some of us have expressed doubts as to whether he'll even finish his term. if his admin goes to war, something will go bad wrong, maybe around the time the campaign appears to be a success. just watch.

Oilman re futures, I agree with you. From a bear perspective I'd rather see them way up than way down. If they're way down you just KNOW there's going to be the drop & pop scenario shortly after open...

Inger would have to be the WORST newsletter writer I've come across. By the time I've worked out what he's saying I've lost interest. He needs a ghost writer.

Example:

"It's not the same to not short Indexes (we do both, often repeatedly within a day), but to structure oneself for the negative into extreme angst amidst all this, anticipates little."

Sheesh, just like those directly-translated-from-Taiwanese instructions you get... :angry:

Inger would have to be the WORST newsletter writer I've come across. By the time I've worked out what he's saying I've lost interest. He needs a ghost writer.

Example:

"It's not the same to not short Indexes (we do both, often repeatedly within a day), but to structure oneself for the negative into extreme angst amidst all this, anticipates little."

Sheesh, just like those directly-translated-from-Taiwanese instructions you get... :angry:

chopper-mandlball_aolcom.jpg

Archived