Stock Market Still In Uptrend, My Mood Isn't 4/23/20

4 hours ago, sandy beach said:

Low population density like Sweden - although Sweden is taking off by keeping the lights on it is nothing like NYC would have been had NYC left the lights on. It has always been about population density and isolation. 

4 hours ago, Jorma said:

I live in West Michigan in a county adjoining a moderately large metropolitan area, Grand Rapids. A good surrogate for where many people in flyover country live. In general there is and has been a considerable amount of manufacturing  and distribution of all kinds going on and only moderate at best signs of people taking personal protection seriously judging by mask use. In other words one would think infection rates would be spiking. Doesn't seem to be. County population 173K. Reported infections have gone from about 40 two weeks ago to 175 today. Reported deaths 4 then 11 now.

Yep that's why we got off lightly here ... island continent, sparsely populated.

My town, population 30k, surrounded by desert and few access roads has had a total of 7 cases, 3 backpackers, 3 itinerant road workers and 1 unknown, no deaths.  99% people have their own transport although there is a bus service that runs once an hour.  The statewide regional roadblocks that came into effect a few weeks ago spelt the end of the viral advance.  It's a pain to be in lockdown however the way I look at it the sooner the virus is out of the way then the quicker life gets back to normal.

There have been no new cases in the state for 2 consecutive days now.

If the virus does a second run, well we know what to do now and this time action will be immediate, no messing around.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aussiebear said:

Yep that's why we got off lightly here ... island continent, sparsely populated.

My town, population 30k, surrounded by desert and few access roads has had a total of 7 cases, 3 backpackers, 3 itinerant road workers and 1 unknown, no deaths.  99% people have their own transport although there is a bus service that runs once an hour.  The statewide regional roadblocks that came into effect a few weeks ago spelt the end of the viral advance.  It's a pain to be in lockdown however the way I look at it the sooner the virus is out of the way then the quicker life gets back to normal.

There have been no new cases in the state for 2 consecutive days now.

If the virus does a second run, well we know what to do now and this time action will be immediate, no messing around.

I like it! This is regional! 

Few hours ago Trump said AGAIN that we are „very close to a vaccine“. That‘s nothing else but an outright LIE. Fact is, that there are even more than a few scientists who say that we might NEVER get a vaccine. 
He also said that „heat and light“ could cure the virus.... 😂😂😂 That‘s just effing priceless! 

31 minutes ago, fxfox said:

. He also said that „heat and light“ could cure the virus.... 😂😂😂 That‘s just effing priceless! 

Not to mention injecting disinfectant into the lungs .. someone should section Trump, bring back Obama.

"United States President Donald Trump has suggested medical authorities look into whether injecting disinfectant into people’s lungs and exposing them to “very powerful light” could cure coronavirus."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/donald-trump-bizarrely-suggests-coronavirus-could-be-treated-with-disinfectant-injections

36 minutes ago, aussiebear said:

Not to mention injecting disinfectant into the lungs .. someone should section Trump, bring back Obama.

"United States President Donald Trump has suggested medical authorities look into whether injecting disinfectant into people’s lungs and exposing them to “very powerful light” could cure coronavirus."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/donald-trump-bizarrely-suggests-coronavirus-could-be-treated-with-disinfectant-injections

That's simply absolutely insane! All those rednecks who follow him will burn or poison themselves to death. I mean is there really no one who can stop this insane man?

Archived