Stock Market Still In Uptrend, My Mood Isn't 4/23/20

Pretty interesting situation.

California insurance companies are waving COVID related treatment:

There are no prior approvals needed for COVID-19 treatment. Blue Shield will waive copays, coinsurance, and deductibles for COVID-19 treatments received between March 1 – May 31, 2020.

https://www.blueshieldca.com/bsca/bsc/wcm/connect/sites/sites_content_en/coronavirus/your-coverage

As I've mentioned, our kid ended up in ER on March 3rd. 

He wasn't tested for COVID - because he hadn't traveled to China as the screening precondition at that moment required.  But subsequent experience with symptoms suggests he may have had it.

Meanwhile, we await the availability of an FDA-approved antibody test to confirm whether any of us are +.

More immediately, we've been billed $5,000 as the deductible for the overnight ER, blood work, drips, and tests... the sum total of which provided no diagnosis in the end.

Wife just spoke to people on the phone and placed our payment on appeal, explaining we're all happy to come get an antibody test. They're going to review the situation.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, potatohead said:

A lot of misinformation regarding the gold confiscation argument. We are not on a gold standard. It could easily happen in the ETF world since they can cash settle. But this is not confiscation. In fact, supposedly most gold is held this way and a cash settle would trigger a taxable event. Government gets the metal and the tax revenue. That is why I tell people to stay out of so called metal ETFs.

Joe was buying USO and  see how they got smoked.

Long as general public don't touch gold than it's all good. 

10 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

Better link and get the headline.

New data on Gilead’s remdesivir, released by accident, show no benefit for coronavirus patients. Company still sees reason for hope

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/23/data-on-gileads-remdesivir-released-by-accident-show-no-benefit-for-coronavirus-patients/

2 hours ago, DrStool said:

A case can be made for 2840. I like our chances here. 

tvc_030d9928d070a8c054d2a38c15c3a67e.png

I thought the sellof was because I called it and the market got spooked. Like Granny in the old days. 

Archived