We're All Gonna Die 4/20/20

3 minutes ago, No Einstein said:

my question is what does this do to the demand for petro dollars,

no demand for dollars should mean dollar down...not?

correct me if i am not thinking this through..

Right - totally with you on this... been wondering for weeks.

This and the China, Inc. dollar recycle seem like a double-whammy to the Treasury market.

It seems to me, however, that it would have the opposite effect: far, far fewer dollars abroad aggravates the off-shore "dollar shortage."

BWTFDIK.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DrStool said:

So if you were long that crude contract, what happens to you now. And if you were short, how do you get paid? 

What are the implications for CME. 

They say they have a tested plan......

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/oil-can-trade-negative-on-the-cmes-exchange-as-may-contract-plunges-below-zero-on-nymex-2020-04-20

and its not as bad as it seems.......🍻

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/20/this-oil-price-crash-isnt-as-bad-as-it-seems-heres-why.html

3 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Right - totally with you on this... been wondering for weeks.

This and the China, Inc. dollar recycle seem like a double-whammy to the Treasury market.

It seems to me, however, that it would have the opposite effect: far, far fewer dollars abroad aggravates the off-shore "dollar shortage."

BWTFDIK.

i get that...but the petro dollar market is huge..and it not only stopped...it went into reverse...I am so confused 🙂

LEE'S FREE THINKING

Fed Cuts Back QE – Will Stocks Survive?

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

Fed QE

The Fed is throttling back on its market supporting QE operations. The results of that may be starting to show up in stock prices. Is the Fed worried? Should you be?

Wincluding the new small business relief bill, we are about $600 billion from raising all the rescue funding. Should take another 2-3 weeks of the Treasury pounding the market. I doubt that the Fed will be able to maintain these QE cuts. Something gonna break in the meantime. 

6 minutes ago, Private Skidmark said:

I'm looking forward to the day when I can use my negative interest rate credit card to buy negatively priced gasoline. I'm guessing there would be supply issues and probably other issues, like widespread cannibalism, before then.

2 negatives making a positive? or do they make up for it in volume........

48 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Wincluding the new small business relief bill, we are about $600 billion from raising all the rescue funding. Should take another 2-3 weeks of the Treasury pounding the market. I doubt that the Fed will be able to maintain these QE cuts. Something gonna break in the meantime. 

They simply go from 15 to 50,  not 30, that would be lame. 50, cause it‘s a nice number.

Archived