The Cure- Off to the Races 4/17/20

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jimi said:

Isn’t this the old game of ramp with the futures overnight, and then distribute inventory during the trading day? 

Yes, but that would mean a shift now. Last few weeks was mostly down Futures, up in the Cash market.

First data is out for the Stanford Serology study of Santa Clara county. They found the actual infection rate is 50-85 times greater than the number of confirmed cases. That implies a 2.49%-4.16% infection rate. In rural Telluride area is was 0.5%. In a random sample of pregnant women in NYC it was 15%. So that gives us our first estimate for the range across the US. Given that we have 678K confirmed cases that would put the actual infected range at 34-58 million in the states right now. Still tough to calculate case fatality rate as deaths lag by 17 days on average that we know of. 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1

13 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

First data is out for the Stanford Serology study of Santa Clara county. They found the actual infection rate is 50-85 times greater than the number of confirmed cases. That implies a 2.49%-4.16% infection rate. In rural Telluride area is was 0.5%. In a random sample of pregnant women in NYC it was 15%. So that gives us our first estimate for the range across the US. Given that we have 678K confirmed cases that would put the actual infected range at 34-58 million in the states right now. Still tough to calculate case fatality rate as deaths lag by 17 days on average that we know of. 

How is that even possible?  

12 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

I was thinking about the general thing  this AM and plugged in a 100X's number to guess how many are or were infected now. This is a purely selfish enterprise. Trying to crudely judge my chance of infection.

10 minutes ago, DrStool said:

How is that even possible?  

Possible if the vast majority show minimal or no symptoms. Which is almost a sure thing but the degree is still huge. This all becomes political because, well, you know or should. 

I've spent 6 weeks or more trying to figure out how Wuhan could see their huge drop in cases, and please try to forget if their numbers are bunk. They aren't bunk by hundreds or thousands of percent. To my mind the only explanation is many  many people were infected. recovered fine and have immunity,for now. I could be wrong of course.

How can it be that this virus kills some people in such a grotesque way, and causes such severe illness in others, and yet 90% of people show no symptoms. Is that normal? 

Archived