Another Day, Another Rally 4/16/20

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As anecdote, we applied for PPP money with our regional bank, but if the money is now entirely disbursed, we didn't receive any.

We don't need it, but if the effing government into which we have paid 7 figures of federal taxes the past 10 years starts handing out cash without inquiry, your damned right I am going to make the request, too.

My buddy who also operates an S-Corp in SoCal also applied - him through Chase. He also never heard back.

I haven't been able to convince myself of a good reason the ethics for an individual should be any different than those of a business. I can still pay my mortgage. But CARES says I can give notice to my lender and stop for 6 months, maybe even 12, without bad credit reporting, and without demonstrating any hardship. But other than adding my weight behind pushing the system over the cliff, I don't have a good reason to stop paying. I guess I'm both not creative enough and not malicious enough. Fatal character flaws in the neo-feudal plutocrat panopticon pigpen.

The answer to the market action we see right now lies in late 2018. Back then the FED tried to reduce and markets collapsed immediately. That was a test. Since then FED knows that they can‘t reduce.

So how can the market go down again, if the FED doesn‘t reduce its balance sheet? Maybe tdue to external shock, but then they will pump even more. I mean, how could be a 2000 to 2003 downmove possible again? Back then political pressure was not as high as it is today. FED would have to withstand the political pressure for months and months. I simply can‘t imagine that. Anyone?

3 hours ago, fxfox said:

Germany sees third straight daily rise in coronavirus cases
https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/germany-sees-third-straight-daily-rise-in-coronavirus-cases-20200417

Everything is fine,  move along, nithing to see here...

Generally a downtrend though ..

image.png.66cbfcbf3236c3084a19f5dc4b74d912.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/

Archived