Here We Go Again, But Beware Slowing QE 4/14/20

Doc,

another question. Since you have expertise in Real Estate. I read a few days ago, that in '82 credit conditions were so tight, that when you bought a house it was quite common that the SELLER had to give you a loan. Is this correct? I mean people didn't really get a loan with good conditions from a BANK, so when someone wanted to sell a house he had to give a loan to the buyer. I couldn't believe that. Maybe it was only in certain areas of the US.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GregFokker said:

Aucune idée.  Peut-être que M. Trump a rétabli la confiance avec sa tirade de baboune hier soir?

I'm more persuaded by the pullback in QE though.  Or the leveling of cases in Noo Yawk?

Ahem...

The International Baboon Society would like to register a complaint....

2 hours ago, fxfox said:

the FANG and some other cult stocks hold this whole thing up.

Doc,

doesn't this remind you of '74? Didn't the nifty fifty act like that in circa '73?

Does not remind me of 74. Never, ever have I seen this kind of volatility. The 74 crash was on extreme low volume, and very low volatility. The recovery started in December and was solid, but not extreme. Nobody was interested in the market. Stocks were selling for 5 times earnings. So no, it's nothing like 73, 74 , or 75.  

2 hours ago, fxfox said:

Doc,

another question. Since you have expertise in Real Estate. I read a few days ago, that in '82 credit conditions were so tight, that when you bought a house it was quite common that the SELLER had to give you a loan. Is this correct? I mean people didn't really get a loan with good conditions from a BANK, so when someone wanted to sell a house he had to give a loan to the buyer. I couldn't believe that. Maybe it was only in certain areas of the US.

There was no market. By 82, it was frozen. Yes, desperate sellers would take back paper and do wraparounds where they could. 14-16% mortgage rates kept prices down. But nobody would sell. 

4 hours ago, MisFit Kid said:

I miss "the dog" and his Talk on gold

and fessin' up

Most Gold and stock investors buy penny stocks and that is good way to get killed.. Sure bet is Gold even if brought it in the eighty. Gold stocks are there to feed the insiders and are still.

I warned about it last week when the Fed’s POMO schedule first showed a reduced purchase rate. The Fed is taking its foot off the gas pedal. Here’s what that means for your stocks and bonds.

Subscribers, click here to download the report

Not a subscriber yet?

90 Days Risk Free If You Join Now!

Get this report and access to all past reports risk free for 90 days! 

5 minutes ago, SiP said:

US fiscal deficit to quadruple to a record $3.8 trillion, a staggering 18.7% of U.S. economic output, a Washington-based watchdog group said on Monday. Debt to gdp will increase from 80% to 100% by September 30. WW2 record is 107%. 

https://t.co/eHGfIvg216

They must have read my report from last week. https://liquiditytrader.com/index.php/2020/04/10/fed-monetizes-while-the-us-burns/

Archived