Nothing is Proven, Nothing is a Given 4/8/20

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadians are more appreciative. They are reminded every day by living next door to dog-eat-dog, survival-of-the-fittest, US. Walk around any big American city and you need to be looking down all the time, lest you trip over some poor unfornate soul lying on the sidewalk.  

This doesn't happen in Canada, at least not much from what I saw when I spent 6 months a year there for 10 years. And even in Zagreb, one of the poorest cities in Europe, I don't see homeless people. I did see them in a few places in France, which is overwhelmed by Middle Eastern refugees. 

The US is a disgrace in its unwillingness to care for society's weakest members. An absolute shame and disgrace.  

Long as Newly printed money stays in the financial system things could go crazy unless......

Hyperinflation comes from investors who are holding money and credit assets (e.g. bonds) wanting to sell those and move their money to other assets either in the same country or in other countries. As they do this selling, the central bank is put into the position of having to choose between having interest rates go up (which is undesirable because it weakens the economy) or printing money and buying those financial assets (which can devalue money and debt). When they need to do this a lot, it causes a monetary inflation which becomes a hyperinflation.

35 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Canadians are more appreciative. They are reminded every day by living next door to dog-eat-dog, survival-of-the-fittest, US. Walk around any big American city and you need to be looking down all the time, lest you trip over some poor unfornate soul lying on the sidewalk.  

This doesn't happen in Canada, at least not much from what I saw when I spent 6 months a year there for 10 years. And even in Zagreb, one of the poorest cities in Europe, I don't see homeless people. I did see them in a few places in France, which is overwhelmed by Middle Eastern refugees. 

The US is a disgrace in its unwillingness to care for society's weakest members. An absolute shame and disgrace.  

And not to forget all those „No-go areas“. There are such areas in Europe too and there are also homeless people, but the amount is much less compared to the US. 
In southern France those folks you speak about are not refugees from the Middle East (only a few), but that are the so called „Maghrebs“. They came decades ago from North Africa, mainly Morocco and Algeria. It is said that Marseille is the Capital of the Magreb. 😂

btw, never mention the French/Algerian war in France. Ou la la, mon dieu! 😂

Archived