Not as Bad as It Looks 4/2/20

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, SiP said:

you have to read that. full text. til the end about ZH

https://newrepublic.com/article/156788/zero-hedge-russian-trojan-horse

Nice summary. Nothing new, except the details of the divorce case.  Idjitinsky banned me years ago for calling out his shit, but he continued to steal my work when it suited him. The exposure at least generated a few subscriptions for me.  

Over & out for Western Australia ... 😶

Coronavirus sees WA close its borders from midnight on Sunday to stop COVID-19 spread from eastern states

The WA Government will introduce a "temporary closure" of its interstate border effective from midnight on Sunday, with the WA Premier saying the state's isolation was its best defence against the threat of COVID-19 spread.

Mr McGowan said the arrangements of the closure were still being finalised, but the message to West Australians in other states thinking of coming home was clear.

"You need to come home to Western Australia and come home now," Mr McGowan said.

"I cannot stress that enough."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-02/coronavirus-sees-wa-close-state-borders-from-midnight-sunday/12114648

ZH demonstrates the fact that alternative views of monetary matters have been deeply entwined with American right wing ideology, or just simply prejudices, since the 1950's when the John Birch society called for eliminating the Fed. Which coincidentally folded into familiar gold buggery and ancient tropes about Jewish bankers. ZH knowingly tapped into these things because that is where the market is. If it is Russian per say or consciously fascist with an agenda to advance such political emotions is probably secondary to just making a buck. 

The old John Birch Society ideas of economics, as ill formed as they were,  lead to an almost universal belief among Americans who identify as Liberal, or let's say not Conservative,  to reject any questioning of 'the money' because such was seen as far rightest. In fact much of it was and is of the right.

Here lies the core of why Lee's analysis goes unheard. Of course the other root of the problem is almost nobody understands where money comes from,  that is the mechanisms of it's creation. Which leads back to the rejection of any questioning of 'the money' because it's rightest.  A vicious circle in other words.  In nearly two decades of trying to engage  non Conservatives in examining 'the money' never once have I gotten to first base. 

Nice one Jorma. This sheds light into one of the darker crannies of Stooldom. I've been wondering about these connections since I first started BBS'ing in the mid'80s, back when some of the most voluminous, well written content - really mind-blowing daily volumes of immaculately written and edited "academic"-class prose, was from far-(farrrrr)-right accounts. 

19 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Jorma,

very good post! Would you say that Trump reflects at least 90% of the JBS values/politics?

For all practical purposes the GOP is the John Birch Society. Of course there is cultural drift on all manner of things since the 50's but the  basic impulses that have been here for 150 years. There has been a wild swing on the right from gold buggery to now Trumps inchoate desire for easy money.  Everyone should be familiar with this from 1964. 'The Paranoid Style of American Politics'  Richard Hofstadter.

https://harpers.org/archive/1964/11/the-paranoid-style-in-american-politics/

These things are not exclusively American. They have European equivalents especially the anti semitism. However they have reached full flower in the US, post Nazism.

Archived