Stock Market As Wagnerian Dirge 4/1/20

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife talked to her sister last night - an ER doctor in LA. 
Running very, very low on masks.

Staff doing what it can to sterilize & reuse supplies.

April begins and this country still without coordinated overwhelming response.
$2 Trillion package - where are the masks?

Except that it was predictable and predicted as a 100% certainty, only a matter of when.  I read an excellent description, eerily accurate, written in 2008 by a Canuck, Andrew Nikiforuk: https://www.amazon.com/Pandemonium-Disease-Biological-Plagues-Century/dp/0670045195

I'm amazed that it really happened, just like the rest of us, because I'm so used to being all alone worrying about what could go wrong and then proven wrong in arrears.  So this is taking me by surprise too.  But it's no black swan, not really.

I was talking to Doc the other day, and reflecting on how badly wrong I've gotten many things. But because of our time together 15 years ago (longer!), my living arrangement and many aspects of my situation are perfectly calibrated to weather this thing, and others like it.  I wish I had believed my eyes and gotten my more mainstream investments out of the way, but still I have no debt, live outside the city and am semi-self-sufficient, and will basically be just fine (as things currently stand).  I was a normie before becoming a stoolie, so thank you all for that.

Australia seizes faulty coronavirus protective equipment imported from China

Authorities have begun seizing Chinese-made faulty face masks and other protective clothing that is being exported to Australia to help halt the spread of coronavirus.

The ABC has learnt that in recent weeks, Australian Border Force (ABF) officers have intercepted several deliveries of personal protective equipment (PPE) that have been found to be counterfeit or otherwise faulty.

One law enforcement official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, estimated the ABF had already seized 800,000 masks with a combined value of more than $1.2 million on the Australian market.

"We started seeing this stuff arriving roughly three weeks ago when news of the pandemic was really taking off," the official told the ABC.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-01/coronavirus-chinese-ppe-border-force-intercepted/12085908

It isn't just the Chinese face masks that are fake but also their rtDNA tests. The tests they used in China are literally no better than flipping a coin. In other words they were placebo - they have no test. Since we already knew how to clinically screen for it via CT scans that was our best option. Our tests are damn lake to market and that is bad but they actually work with very high accuracy now and we have a capacity to test over 1,000,000 people per week. That's pretty amazing when you think about it. If you had told me 20 years ago we would be doing rtDNA tests in this volume I would have said you were smoking something. 

Archived