• Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, DrStool said:

4 year cycle low.  

Dicsucs. 

JFC.

Let's entertain it.

We head up on a nominal basis.

It is purchased with credit invented from thin air by the Fed.

Heady inflation is let loose, it infects everything, eventually stagflation returns, along with rollerskates & short-shorts.

It's incredible to think that the USG is going to go $2 trillion casually into further debt, on top of the largest peacetime deficits, at a time when it has postponed taxes due, the economy is frozen, there is no petrodollars available for recycling, and no China, Inc. dollars for recycle.

We just gonna monetize prosperity.

This is a very helpful link - you can view all of US but the top drop down let's you look at numbers for your own state for bed, ICU and ventilator shortages. This is from WU and based on their model I would say this will start of noisy (wrong) but as time goes on will get more and more accurate. So you can get a pretty good idea if you should stay in your state if you are at risk. California is in good shape in terms of ICU/Beds but we need more than a thousand ventilators. New York needs to massively expand. 

http://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

This market is way more optimistic than I am. I just don't get it. Maybe it's just like Jimi says above - inflation adjusted nominal move. But I see consumer credit, the oil industry, mortgages, small businesses all just getting destroyed over the next few months. I've been busy reading about the disease so much I really need to catch up on my reading on the economy so I can understand this move. 

One note though - I'm not big on investing in companies that are running drug trials and vaccines in a pandemic. They will make some money but it won't be a huge payday most likely. They will have some one off revenue and they will likely need to deep discount prices because this is a national emergency. 

Archived