A Bull Market A Day 3/27/20

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I think the rally will run into a lot of friction as it moves higher. The Fed won't get the mileage. But they continue to flood the market with cash. That will have the upper hand until the flood of Treasury supply hits in the next couple weeks. 

11 minutes ago, DrStool said:

So I think the rally will run into a lot of friction as it moves higher. The Fed won't get the mileage. But they continue to flood the market with cash. That will have the upper hand until the flood of Treasury supply hits in the next couple weeks. 

I guess the Fed still will buy up all the Treasury paper after the dealers buy it. $72bn in bills next Thursday. I wonder how that is going to work exactly? Well I'm sure it's figured out but why bother? 

I'm trying to come up with words to describe how huge these Treasury offerings are gong to be as the year(s) roll on. I mean they will just be stupendous and humongous now. What about September?

23 minutes ago, Jorma said:

I guess the Fed still will buy up all the Treasury paper after the dealers buy it. $72bn in bills next Thursday. I wonder how that is going to work exactly? Well I'm sure it's figured out but why bother? 

I'm trying to come up with words to describe how huge these Treasury offerings are gong to be as the year(s) roll on. I mean they will just be stupendous and humongous now. What about September?

The Fed has already made a $600 billion down payment on the new issuance and at $100 billion per day they'll have bought all of it in 2 more weeks. They can't do it indefinitely, but they can for long enough to hide a lot of shit that will hit the fan later. 

8 minutes ago, DrStool said:

The Fed has already made a $600 billion down payment on the new issuance and at $100 billion per day they'll have bought all of it in 2 more weeks. They can't do it indefinitely, but they can for long enough to hide a lot of shit that will hit the fan later. 

Earlier there were marbles.

Now there's a fan.

What the devil sort of Rube Goldberg machine are you designing?

I was flipping back and forth between the 60, 30 and 5 minute charts. Man you could see this pop coming on the 5 minute chart like a night freight train in the distance. 
tvc_29983974490c972b9b89ccd8599a1b39.png

Archived