Remain Calm, All is Well 3/25/20

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Millennials were jumping on flights all over the country 10 days ago, taking advantage of cheap fares.

This connection may have proved popular:

JFK ==> COVID ==> RIP

LOLOL

2 hours ago, DrStool said:

People should stay put. Just getting on a plane is risky. Maybe not as risky as going to the supermarket...

uh...

Only the one confirmed case here in the vast and sparsely populated goldfields, the French backpacker I posted about previously.  Was at supermarket yesterday and got the full fumigation treatment on entry, a staff of thousands disinfecting every shelf and cabinet every 5 minutes and a medium amount of nervous shoppers sidling past each other without eye contact.  An uncomfortable experience ...

3 hours ago, aussiebear said:

Only the one confirmed case here in the vast and sparsely populated goldfields,

Goldfields-Esperance region = 771,276 sq km  pop approx 65,000

Croatia                                   =   56,594 sq km        pop 4.1 million

just putting things in perspective

😉

Cruise ships becoming a problem in the state harbour of Fremantle:

The Vasco da Gama was meant to terminate its cruise in Fremantle and its 950 passengers previously had permission to disembark.

Instead, McGowan said, the 800 Australians onboard, including 250 people from WA, will be made to complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine period on Rottnest Island in an effort to prevent a potential coronavirus outbreak from spreading to the general population.

Non-Australians on board – about 150 passengers and 550 crew members – will be made to remain on the ship until they can be flown home. About 109 passengers are from New Zealand and 33 from the United Kingdom.

Another cruise ship, the Artana, was due to refuel in Fremantle on Tuesday night. One person, who has since left the ship, tested positive to Covid-19 and 25 other people have reported respiratory symptoms.

The Artana, with 1,300 people on board, has also been asked to remain at anchor off the coast, McGowan said.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/25/cruise-ship-passengers-to-be-quarantined-on-rottnest-island-in-western-australia

I've been looking for safer chelators of zinc in plants specially polyphenols / flavonoids to replace quercetin /hydroxycholochline which has some side effects in some people when fighting COVID19. It acts to increase zinc and stop viral replication.

I think I may have cracked the code: epicatechin gallate acts as antioxidants and signaling molecule and chelator of zinc. In other words drink lots of green tea and take a little bit of zinc in your diet: 

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/jf5014633

Possibly this is a big discovery. I am not a doctor, I am a scientist so consult your doctors before making changes, etc. etc. etc.But I hope my brothers here see this and do this now. The chemistry is exactly what I've been looking for. 

Stay safe! 

Archived