Remain Calm, All is Well 3/25/20

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

Just FYI

#Serbia: There is a charter flight, departing Mar. 26 at 12pm from Nikola Tesla airport (BEG) to LAX. Air Serbia is offering seats at no charge. Email [email protected] IMMEDIATELY if you are interested in this flight and have not yet contacted us.

Doc is in Croatia, not Serbia. It will not be possible to travel from Zagreb to Belgrade by bus or train I guess due to Corona. Not sure If Serbia closed its boarders, but could be.

edit: just checked, Serbia already closed boarders

https://www.srbija.gov.rs/vest/en/151410/serbia-closes-borders-due-to-coronavirus.php

he has to pick a flight which goes from Zagreb,  maybe Split or Rijeka

It's clear that the Fed can print whatever amount of money that it needs to to finally turn the market. 

The big question now is what the unintended consequences of this will be.  

13 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

Just FYI

#Serbia: There is a charter flight, departing Mar. 26 at 12pm from Nikola Tesla airport (BEG) to LAX. Air Serbia is offering seats at no charge. Email [email protected] IMMEDIATELY if you are interested in this flight and have not yet contacted us.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to go back to the US from the Balkans. The infection rate in these countries is low relative to the US. Serbia reports 384 cases in a country of 8.7 million, about the size of NYC. New York City reports nearly 18,000 confirmed cases. 

People should stay put. Just getting on a plane is risky. Maybe not as risky as going to the supermarket...

uh...

17 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Doc is in Croatia, not Serbia. It will not be possible to travel from Zagreb to Belgrade by bus or train I guess due to Corona. Not sure If Serbia closed its boarders, but could be.

The borders are closed. I'm not going anywhere. Period. I'm very comfortable here. I could fly home from ZAG to MIA. It would require 3 flights. ZAG to AMS. AMS to JFK and JFK to PBI. 

I'm going to get on 3 airplanes and expose myself to 400 or 500 people... Uh... Nah. 

4 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Honestly, I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to go back to the US from the Balkans. The infection rate in these countries is low relative to the US. Serbia reports 384 cases in a country of 8.7 million, about the size of NYC. New York City reports nearly 18,000 confirmed cases. 

People should stay put. Just getting on a plane is risky. Maybe not as risky as going to the supermarket...

uh...

Ja Herr Doktor and with your luck that plane would crash in the Alps and you would be the only survivor! 😂😂😂

Just now, DrStool said:

The borders are closed. I'm not going anywhere. Period. I'm very comfortable here. I could fly home from ZAG to MIA. It would require 3 flights. ZAG to AMS. AMS to JFK and JFK to PBI. 

I'm going to get on 3 airplanes and expose myself to 400 or 500 people... Uh... Nah. 

Never ever would I fly to JFK right now. Stay were you are, that‘s the best option. 

3 minutes ago, DrStool said:

But the prices are really cheap! Who doesn't love a bargain. 

I mean, really, really cheap. Wow! 

Millennials were jumping on flights all over the country 10 days ago, taking advantage of cheap fares.

This connection may have proved popular:

JFK ==> COVID ==> RIP

1 minute ago, Jimi said:

Millennials were jumping on flights all over the country 10 days ago, taking advantage of cheap fares.

This connection may have proved popular:

JFK ==> COVID ==> RIP

Just got a nephew and niece back from NZ and Peru. It was risky to fly them home but they are in good shape and hiding out in rural Vermont now. 

Archived