Gap and Fill or Gap 'n Crap? 3/23/20

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/this-was-the-fastest-30percent-stock-market-decline-ever.html

This was the fastest 30% sell-off ever, exceeding the pace of declines during the Great Depression

• It took the S&P 500 only 22 trading days to fall 30% from its record high reached on Feb. 19, making it the fastest drop of this magnitude in history, according to data from Bank of America Securities.
  • The second, third and fourth quickest 30% pullbacks all occurred during the Great Depression era in 1934, 1931 and 1929, respectively.

48 minutes ago, sandy beach said:
CDC: Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: The coronavirus survived for up to 17 days aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship... Is that a lot?

Yeah. 
That’s a lot. Hate that story. Pernicious unwelcome piece of crap little bugger of a miserable effing virus. 

49 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

This is remarkable out of 29 radiological scans of pneumonia patients 20 tested COVID19 positive by a radiologist in France since 9AM this morning. The age group was 34 to 92 years of age. This is far worse than even I would have imagined.

I’m old enough to remember when it only threatened old people. 

Nikkei virtually exploding to the upside. First time it trades above the EMA200 hourly since Feb20th.

ES right now at 2330... if they take out yesterdays spike high....

Wasn't it in all those past decades so, that the stock market had already made a bottom BEFORE the news flow became "better"? News flow even accelerates in its negativeness, but stocks already bottomed? The theory says that is the case because at some point during a downmove CB's step in with liquidity and calm things down, like yesterday. Wasn't that just a while ago, that on the very same day the FED injected large sums stocks did go down on that day, just to start an ass ripping off rally the next day?

Goddam it! They succeed again! I have no words for that shite!

chill out fxfox

it's amazing how you react. Every day you change view. 

one day, we gonna die. the other day. we already seen the low. 

there will be bounce. During 1929 we had 20% or something bounces

it's not the low. 

we are at 18k at Dow, 8000 at Dax and 2200 at sp500. 

We fuc..... have to bounce! it's already the fastest crash in human history. 

We have to bounce. I bought this week for 30% of dry powder some stocks, bought some gold on the test of the lower band of uptrend chanel (below 1500 on gold). 

we fuc.... have to bounce. 

i really do think that we would see some lower levels later on. when? I don't know  I'm not fairy tale or wizard.

if you think it's the low then go all in or even 200% with your capital. 

Let me know what do you bought. I'm going after only hard assets like miners, telco, gas pipelines. I'm not buying any fancy stocks. I bought some online gaming stocks. kids get addicted. everyone is playing on self isolation. esport will explode. 

SiP,

we had many 20% rallies during the whole 1929 to 1932 era, not only in 29. As I said the other day, DAX feels bottomish, it did fall from 13800 to 8200 in basically one single swoon dive. That's unprecedented. It seems we did run out of sellers, so it would be pretty normal if we go up to 10k or so to built up steem for another downmove.

Baiscally I don't buy stocks, only when there is a huge bargain. What a bargain is, is also a matter of discussion, the definition is a personal one. For me a bargain would be: BASF at 20-25, Deutsche Telekom at 8, Daimler at a spike to 9...

Like you mentioned, Electronic Arts could be a bargain too right now... ^_^

Usually I only trade indeces based on longer term considerations.

You are posting good stuff here, please go on with that. :)

Sometimes I'm quite emotional, you know.  I'm known for that :lol:

36 minutes ago, fxfox said:

we had many 20% rallies during the whole 1929 to 1932 era, not only in 29. As I said the other day, DAX feels bottomish, it did fall from 13800 to 8200 in basically one single swoon dive. That's unprecedented. It seems we did run out of sellers, so it would be pretty normal if we go up to 10k or so to built up steem for another downmove.

Baiscally I don't buy stocks, only when there is a huge bargain. What a bargain is, is also a matter of discussion, the definition is a personal one. For me a bargain would be: BASF at 20-25, Deutsche Telekom at 8, Daimler at a spike to 9...

Like you mentioned, Electronic Arts could be a bargain too right now... ^_^

Usually I only trade indeces based on longer term considerations.

You are posting good stuff here, please go on with that. :)

Sometimes I'm quite emotional, you know.  I'm known for that :lol:

Agree, buying basf already is a good call probably.

Archived