Gap and Fill or Gap 'n Crap? 3/23/20

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, fxfox said:

... and then you get killed by a wolf pack overthere! :lol:

No  wolves.  No stores either. Better picture however. 

https://ibb.co/XVZcppG

(note on this as if anyone cares. This was the day of the total solar eclipse, 8/21/17. It did mark a sort of low that was not exceeded till the December 18 plunge, and now. I imply nothing with this observation)

This all in gamble better work. Because if it doesn't, there's nothing else. 

I said a couple weeks ago that the Fed would end up owning everything. Now it appears that that's no pipedream. The question is what it will be worth when no one wants to buy it back and there's no market. 

There is still the problem of the Fed soaking up all the best assets. Well that 'best' becomes ever more relative as time goes on. Or to put it in Stoolie terms, which is the best poop.

I suppose the Fed and the Primary Dealers are going to have to spiff up the mechanisms of Open Market Operations so the Fed can buy the newly issued Treasuries from the dealers on the same day. 

The Treasury should just sell one or two hundred billion of new paper this week to get the ball rolling. Then send out the damn checks They have $300bn in the account now. Show us the money Mnuchin.

LEE'S FREE THINKING

Beldar Fed to Consume Mass Quantities! It Better Work

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

We knew this was coming. The Fed has to finance the $2 trillion econonmic rescue borrowing. The market can’t do it. So the Fed must print the money to buy it.

This all in gamble better work. Because if it doesn’t…

Check this out.

Archived