BOINGGGGGGG!!! 3/20/20

8 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

Cases confirmed in Italy will surpass those reported in Wuhan as confirmed in a few days. I haven't heard of social unrest there yet. How is Germany doing? Anxiety and major depression seems to be more of what I see so far. 

Right now people are quite calm. I think that has pretty much to do with that they think it will be like 2008: People in finance lose jobs and some others too, but not so many. Was to a good part an isolated problem for folks in finance. Now, every single part of the economy got hit hard, not only that, but also very quickly without any warning. People start to realize more and more which impact that will have.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things are surprisingly normal here in West Michigan.  Manufacturing is winding down but going. Supply for same goes on. Food distribution continues. Of course health care is a gigantic industry that goes on. People are moving about. Highways active. C Stores too. That's how it is. Simple mindfulness, not going out if sick or if you know you have been in contact with somebody who is, and then simple precautions about hands and face and mouth. 

Yep, same here.  Biz as usual but then my town is way out in the boonies, nearest covid-19 cases are 600 km away in the state capital.  Gyms, schools, shops, mines, airport, trains all operating as per normal.  Only 64 cases in the state so far but steadily increasing ..

I'd betchya the closest COVID-19 case is a lot closer than 600km away from you.

Just sayin'....

They're simply gonna have to shut the country down this weekend. Trump administration's incompetent feckless delays have left no alternative.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/20/us/coronavirus-model-us-outbreak.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Hard times. Dead ahead.

4 minutes ago, Jimi said:

I'd betchya the closest COVID-19 case is a lot closer than 600km away from you.

Just sayin'....

They're simply gonna have to shut the country down this weekend. Trump administration's incompetent feckless delays have left no alternative.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/20/us/coronavirus-model-us-outbreak.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Hard times. Dead ahead.

Good chance of national guard in the next week - probably not martial law - but a show of force to prevent things breaking out of control. What concerns me most right now is how fast we can increase the number of ventilators and Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation devices (ECMO) in the next couple of months. A clinician is going to be less worried if the patient is dying of X than if the patient isn't able to breath and they can't do anything about it. We need oxygen. My second concern is PPE personal protective equipment for medical workers. If we have those two things ready I care a whole lot less about testing in term of immediate impact. Testing is very good in some regions and will only get better. Testing is nonexistent in other areas of the US and we need to start sampling in those areas as part of a national program ASAP. The longer term issues... that's a whole matter entirely. Stay safe! 

"What concerns me most right now is how fast we can increase the number of ventilators and Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation devices (ECMO) in the next couple of months. A clinician is going to be less worried if the patient is dying of X than if the patient isn't able to breath and they can't do anything about it. We need oxygen. My second concern is PPE personal protective equipment for medical workers. If we have those two things ready I care a whole lot less about testing in term of immediate impact. "

Truth.

Stimulus now $2 trillion. Trump is using the threat of mass death to bankrupt the country and buy the election to install himself as ruler for life. 

This is going to be even worse than I thought.  

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Stimulus now $2 trillion. Trump is using the threat of mass death to bankrupt the country and buy the election to install himself as ruler for life. 

This is going to be even worse than I thought.  

not even that package will help stocks. We are going to tripple digits in S&P.

Next week in Europe everything will completely break down. The moment DAx breaks thru 8000 will open the floodgates. The other day I posted the DAX chart where it was easily to see how mega important it is that 8000 holds. It will not.

In todays interconnected world it is absolutely impossible that Europe goes completely down the drain but the US prosper, will not happen. Impossible.

Archived