BOINGGGGGGG!!! 3/20/20

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LEE'S FREE THINKING, MUST READ

Fed Bought $67 Billion in Treasuries Today – $67 F’n Billion!

by NY Fed | Treasury Securities Operations •  • 0 Comments

I can’t even. And still, the stock market melts down.

We are so fucking doomed.

In the same way that debt destruction may overwhelm the ability of fiscal & monetary policy to stop its collapse, the delayed response to COVID may overwhelm the medical system's capacity to stop its wholesale spread into food supply lines.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen - but I sure would like them to shut the goddamned country down, to help avoid that non-zero prospect.

5 minutes ago, fxfox said:

We are absolutely fisted. This is the endgame and we are live witnesses. It is the total and complete global deleveraging of every asset class one can imagine.

I repeat again: When this is all over no stone will be left standing.

Wrong. 

Stonehenge. 

In yet another a sign that the turmoil in financial markets is putting extreme stress on some firms, one of the CME Group’s direct clearing firms was unable to meet its capital requirements, according to sources.

Additional sources said Ronin’s problems stemmed from positions in futures tied to the CBOE Volatility Index, or the security that tracks market volatility.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/clearing-firm-ronin-capital-unable-to-meet-capital-requirements-at-cme-sources.html

It isn't much but it's the first body made public as far as I know

10 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

This is the oddest feeling. I'm conversing with all sorts of Ph.D.'s and many are literally wondering if the food will run out by this summer. 

Thank God I'm in Croatia. Can always eat wild truffles and other wild mushrooms. 

Like the magic ones. 

And then you die. 

That's the problem Jimi - these are the smartest guys in the room and they don't even have enough information to make that call. I have food stocked but I might stock up on more lentils, rice and beans for the longer haul.  

I've got to think that it is possible still that this country can pull together like we did for the World War II effort if needed. I sure hope we are still capable of that. 

2 minutes ago, Jorma said:

In yet another a sign that the turmoil in financial markets is putting extreme stress on some firms, one of the CME Group’s direct clearing firms was unable to meet its capital requirements, according to sources.

Additional sources said Ronin’s problems stemmed from positions in futures tied to the CBOE Volatility Index, or the security that tracks market volatility.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/clearing-firm-ronin-capital-unable-to-meet-capital-requirements-at-cme-sources.html

I told Lindsay Williams on March 9 that there were dead bodies. We don't know who they are, but within a couple of weeks they will start floating to the surface. 

Lee Told Lindsay Williams that 2700 Should Be A Bottom, Not THE Bottom

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

Archived