Gap City Rollers - 3/18/20

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that would mean hiperinflation?

At Least $2,000/month for All Adults and $1000 for Each Child. The Federal Reserve would be directed through a money-financed fiscal program, to fund automatic stabilizers in the form of at least $2,000 for every adult and an additional $1000 for every child for each month of the crisis. Adults would be eligible to withdraw these funds from financial institutions or receive them directly in the mail via the IRS. This funding tool would enable the Federal Reserve to more directly stimulate the economy and provide families with the ability to purchase necessities like food and medicines. This provision would also prevent payments from going to millionaires and billionaires

https://financialservices.house.gov/uploadedfiles/fsc_covid-19_legislative_package_-_03.18.20.pdf

10 minutes ago, Private Skidmark said:

Also proposes $370 billion of student loan forgiveness, with "a minimum of" $10,000 forgiven for each of the 37 million Americans with outstanding student loans.

Chumps like me worked our asses off to earn degrees without incurring debt....

Same with my wife.

Can we have $20,000, please?

The market is broken. They will do what they did in last hour today over and over again, it won‘t fix it. I think they know it too. They do this only to prevent a total crash. They wanna give some folks time to get out and politics time to find a way to fight Corona. They simply can‘t let drop the S&P to 1500 withn 4 weeks or so. Who knows what is going on in the background? Pretty sure that some big names are in biiig trouble. Maybe something going ob with ETF‘s? Those synthetic ones for example. Some of those ETC funds definitely went bust. That‘s one of the reasons why Gold is down, although it should be - in such an environment - waaayyy up.

7 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Same with my wife.

This chump incurred the debt but worked his ass off to pay off around $70k for undergrad and grad. It took me around 10 years. Today's stratospheric college tuition cost is as big a national disgrace as healthcare and the gateway to modern indentured servitude. No question kids should have to work but ass reaming them $20-50,000/year of school is unconscionable. 

33 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Same with my wife.

There comes a time when enough is enough. Yes there will be winners but most of them are just ordinary folks. This is the exact same argument that Santelli made when he inadvertently launched the Tea Party.  Telling people to resent the guy down the street who fell into owning a home at pennies on the dollar. But if millions of people had ended up with property, and it's wealth, instead of who got all the bailouts and millions of home owned by the likes of Blackrock we would be much better off. I have lived my entire life with only slivers of debt by normal standards and I wouldn't give a shit if people who didn't cashed in.   

Don't be motivated by resentment. Make the lenders pay.  Bankers. Assholes.  Juibilee.

Archived