Meeting Margin Calls - 3/17/20

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macy's should offer to convert its national retail floor space to giant hospital wards. US Army could move all the inventory out and stash it somewhere - anywhere. Macys have receiving docks for equipment.  They are located in urban areas that will be hit, and they are often attached to malls that have food courts, that could support the medical community on site supporting the sick.  And the B&M anchor retailers are all broke anyway - pay 'em for the service.

It sure looks like my $2TN SOMA growth this year was a good guess.  The current bid for bailout bill #3 is $800bn. That probably included tax cuts so don't want to count those double when adding cratering tax receipts to the deficit.  Still I'd be shocked if the calendar year deficit isn't $2.5Tn and the Fed is dying to cover it. 

Update. Mnuchin now says $1TN

I'm so old I remember when $36bn in Treasury funding for a quarter spooked the hell out of the markets and forced the GOP to raise taxes. I mean you know it was bad when Reagan raised taxes.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/quarterly-refunding/Documents/ps-1986-q1-4.pdf

SAR ist the name of the game. They can throw whatever amount of money at the market, it will evaporize.

You can‘t stop western society to work/travel/consume for 3 months or even more. If you do, after those months, there will be no western civilization as we know it anymore.

A few weeks from now, there will be more and more voices who will say:“Let that goddam virus work its way thru!“ survival of the fittest. Darwinism will see a revival. A few weeks from now. Count on that.

9 minutes ago, fxfox said:

SAR ist the name of the game. They can throw whatever amount of money at the market, it will evaporize.

You can‘t stop western society to work/travel/consume for 3 months or even more. If you do, after those months, there will be no western civilization as we know it anymore.

A few weeks from now, there will be more and more voices who will say:“Let that goddam virus work its way thru!“ survival of the fittest. Darwinism will see a revival. A few weeks from now. Count on that.

what is SAR? Do I get correctly that SA is essential experiential training that challenges sexual values, attitues and belifes?

ar.PNG

My bro in Chicago bought a gun today. Was advised by his nephew who works in Chicago Police Department. They changed shifts to 12 hours, no day-off, everytinhg canceled. 

and guess what? thare is no ammo!!! he will get a gun by friday but without ammo. amazing.

23 minutes ago, SiP said:

My bro in Chicago bought a gun today. Was advised by his nephew who works in Chicago Police Department. They changed shifts to 12 hours, no day-off, everytinhg canceled. 

and guess what? thare is no ammo!!! he will get a gun by friday but without ammo. amazing.

Wait - what? I must be missing something. What in the world is going on in Chicago? 

Archived