Meeting Margin Calls - 3/17/20

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another sign of a blow off top was:

Tesla.

That craphouse rallied from 200 to almost 1000 within 8 weeks or so.

I can imagine that more or less the only reason for it to do so was the fact that Steve Eisman was short Tesla for a long time and spoke often in public about that. You have to see that there are many at the Street who hate him because of „The Big Short“, there are many who wanna see Eisman fall. They hate him. Eisman admitted on Feb 5 on Bloomberg that he covered his short position „a while ago“. That can‘t be that long ago, cause in October 2019 he was still short the stock. I guess he covered in Jan 2020.

Sounds idiotic, dumb, braindead? When you have almost unlimited amount of money to play with than Ou do such things, you know. I think Goldman was it.

Bank lobbies are being closed.  Drive up service only. My little credit union announce the closing last evening. That will be a little worm in peoples minds.  Not good. I mean virtually nobody alive remembers the bank closings of 32, 33.  Absolute certainly in the availability of their money is universal but that can evaporate fast.

On the inflation front I think it would manifest itself mainly in shortages and the bidding up of retail prices.

10 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Another sign of a blow off top was:

Tesla.

That craphouse rallied from 200 to almost 1000 within 8 weeks or so.

I can imagine that more or less the only reason for it to do so was the fact that Steve Eisman was short Tesla for a long time and spoke often in public about that. You have to see that there are many at the Street who hate him because of „The Big Short“, there are many who wanna see Eisman fall. They hate him. Eisman admitted on Feb 5 on Bloomberg that he covered his short position „a while ago“. That can‘t be that long ago, cause in October 2019 he was still short the stock. I guess he covered in Jan 2020.

Sounds idiotic, dumb, braindead? When you have almost unlimited amount of money to play with than Ou do such things, you know. I think Goldman was it.

The Big Short was a stupendous movie but even the Eisman characters motivation by let's call it a moral philosophy didn't cause me to declare him some hero because he stayed in the game. They all did I think.  With the vast freedom that their tens of billions gave them they could think of nothing else to do with their lives but speculate some more. A tragedy. According to the movie he recognized when he cashed out he was no better than the counter parties he beat. Still, he went right back in.

The decimation in commodities while  understandable is ominous. More assets, more collateral, deflating and disappearing.  I'm surprised even the meats are cratering. That I don't get. Add farm credit to the watch list of troubles.

It should only be a couple of weeks now until the average person will finally starts to get what we have been thinking for 20 or more years. Which has been impossible for most all I have ever known to understand. Talking about these credit and monetary issues with others is fruitless. It's like your talking Chinese to them. Such is culture.

Well I suppose there could be a stick save. 

Archived