Fed Makes Noise Like Bazooka, Shoots Popgun 3/16/200

Fed Makes Noise Like Bazooka, Shoots Popgun

by NY | Press Releases | Markets & Policy Implementation •  • 0 Comments

The only thing new in Sunday's emergency Fed statement was the $200 billion in MBS purchases.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Effectively there's been virtually no reserve requirement for decades. Time deposits are exempt, and banks do nightly sweeps. 

Sure, it was a fig leaf and symbolic. Symbols mean something.

I would think a total market closure, beyond the circuit breakers or more than a day, has to be on the table. 

As I said the other day they will close Wall Street. There is no other choice.

This is total and relentless global de-leveraging of absolutely epic proportions.

Not absolutely sure yet, but I think it is bigger than 2008. It is definitely bigger than 2000-2003.

If they don't close the Street than we gonna hit 666 within two weeks.

Deutsche Bank alone could bring this market completely down. Beleive me. When Deutsche unloads ist toxic derivatives Portfolio till it is unloaded no single brick will be on each other on planet earth anymore. They have to find a way how to get rid of that on the Balance sheet. I don't know how. Maybe Deutsche has to be nationalized within the next 48 hours or whatnot. I have no clue.

3 minutes ago, Jorma said:

I don't think old standards apply anymore. Still,  there is that buy button, somewhere, to take the futures up.

Yep, they can initiate a 3000 Point countermove in the Dow anytime out of thin air.

But today is not THE bottom. Never. Ever.

The US will be hit hard by Corona. Very hard. Far more than Europe. And THAT will crush the market in a way mankind has not seen before. Maybe in 1929-1932, ok.

Archived