• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vix

Strong support at 0.

Gold shall be the tell. Once it reverses, some sort of bottom will be in place, because the liquidations will have abated.  

23 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Virus experts say that Corona is already spreaded in the whole US. Testing began to late.

Next mistake by Trump was that he excludes the Brits from the ban. Already 10k plus Brits have the virus in them.

It is all a mess. My goodness!

LInk please. 

I swear Rudy is an ex-Stoolie. I originally got hooked on Twitter because of him.

Doc turned me on to Sven Whathisface from his (now locked) Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader

Also, if Dr. Fauci said chocolate baths cured Coronavirus, I would start melting down my M&M horde - 100% credibility in my book.

• Like 1

The Open Market Trading Desk (the Desk) at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York has released a new monthly schedule of Treasury securities operations and has updated the current monthly schedule of repurchase agreement (repo) operations.  Pursuant to instruction from the Chair in consultation with the FOMC, adjustments have been made to these schedules to address temporary disruptions in Treasury financing markets.  The Treasury securities operation schedule includes a change in the maturity composition of purchases to support functioning in the market for U.S. Treasury securities.  Term repo operations in large size have been added to enhance functioning of secured U.S. dollar funding markets.

• As a part of its $60 billion reserve management purchases for the monthly period beginning March 13, 2020 and continuing through April 13, 2020, the Desk will conduct purchases across a range of maturities to roughly match the maturity composition of Treasury securities outstanding.  Specifically, the Desk plans to distribute reserve management purchases across eleven sectors, including nominal coupons, bills, Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities, and Floating Rate Notes. The distribution of purchases across sectors will be the same distribution as the Desk uses to reinvest principal payments from the Federal Reserve’s holdings of agency debt and agency MBS in Treasury securities.  The first such purchases will begin tomorrow, March 13, 2020.
  • Today, March 12, 2020, the Desk will offer $500 billion in a three-month repo operation at 1:30 pm ET that will settle on March 13, 2020.  Tomorrow, the Desk will further offer $500 billion in a three-month repo operation and $500 billion in a one-month repo operation for same day settlement.  Three-month and one-month repo operations for $500 billion will be offered on a weekly basis for the remainder of the monthly schedule.  The Desk will continue to offer at least $175 billion in daily overnight repo operations and at least $45 billion in two-week term repo operations twice per week over this period.

These changes are being made to address highly unusual disruptions in Treasury financing markets associated with the coronavirus outbreak. Reserve management purchases into the second quarter will continue to be conducted with this maturity allocation. The terms of operations will be adjusted as needed to foster smooth Treasury market functioning and efficient and effective policy implementation.

Detailed information on the schedule of Treasury purchases is provided on the Treasury Securities Operational Details page. Detailed information on the schedule and parameters of term and overnight repo operations are provided on the Repurchase Agreement Operational Details page.

https://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/opolicy/operating_policy_200312a

7 minutes ago, Jimi said:

I swear Rudy is an ex-Stoolie. I originally got hooked on Twitter because of him.

Doc turned me on to Sven Whathisface from his (now locked) Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader

Also, if Dr. Fauci said chocolate baths cured Coronavirus, I would start melting down my M&M horde - 100% credibility in my book.

Spitting out coffee on my computer screen!

Too much detail there Jimi :) LOL

If you need US Numbers this is a good site for COVID-19

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

I use John Hopkins for International:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

These are only confirmed cases. The actual number is much higher. But it gives you good information and where it is spreading and by how much. 

$500 billion. To start. 

Tomorrow $1 trillion. 

Next week $1 trillion

March 27 $1 trillion. 

Jesus F. Christ 

• Like 1
Just now, DrStool said:

$500 billion. To start. 

Tomorrow $1 trillion. 

Next week $1 trillion

March 27 $1 trillion. 

Jesus F. Christ. 

Wait.

I thought it was signed, "Jerome Powell"?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DrStool said:

$500 billion. To start. 

Tomorrow $1 trillion. 

Next week $1 trillion

March 27 $1 trillion. 

Jesus F. Christ. 

All well and good but what are they going to do with the money. They will be giving up their best asset.  I suppose I am all wrong on this but I can't understand how so many would take the offer. I do get that it means counter parties will have confidence in the liquidity of other players