NYSE Suspends Season as NBA Goes Limit Down 3/12/20

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to be clear I was making no claim about Trump (who I did not vote for). I was making a statement about what the scientific experts have been saying. And they want this ban on travel between the EU and the US based on solid evidence. These experts happen to include members of White House COVID-19 Response Team. You have to separate them from Trump - they are not identical. People like Col./Dr. Deborah Birx and Dr. Anthony Fauci and the rest. These are some of the brightest minds in this field and we are lucky to have them.  They can be trusted to give evidence based advice. So forget trump but don't ignore these people They have been with us for several administrations and are not political actors. 

If you are not a scientist and want evidenced based information in an easy to understand video format I recommend Dr. John Campbell who has a series of videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching/videos

He has one or two per day. He explains all the science in easy to understand language and diagrams. Here is today's video:

I was only taking issue with the idea that Trump listens to anybody but the voices in his head. Fauci and other scientists like him are beyond reproach. A little panic in this case is a good thing to get people and governments to do what is necessary. 

2 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I was only taking issue with the idea that Trump listens to anybody but the voices in his head. Fauci and other scientists like him are beyond reproach. A little panic in this case is a good thing to get people and governments to do what is necessary. 

I understand. I now how much you love Trump :) 

I'm still trying to figure out what the Fed can do. Repos are through the roof but those are available to only the few. Buy coupons?  I was only half joking the other day that they might offer to buy but nobody will sell. I mean it's one of the few safe assets left. Sell to buy what? Well more Treasuries and those will be in excellent supply going forward but not now. 

I got it. Send everyone $10K.  

4 minutes ago, Jorma said:

I'm still trying to figure out what the Fed can do. Repos are through the roof but those are available to only the few. Buy coupons?  I was only half joking the other day that they might offer to buy but nobody will sell. I mean it's one of the few safe assets left. Sell to buy what? Well more Treasuries and those will be in excellent supply going forward but not now. 

soon,  they will buy the s&p...and the DIA's, and the QQQ

5 minutes ago, Jorma said:

THe US Treasury is selling $100 billion a month. 

Archived