The Crash is Here 3/6/20

5 minutes ago, DrStool said:

But WTF does it mean? 

Darned if I know--other than it seems like important tops and bottoms, or at least nicely tradable moves, seem to happen in March. I just did a quick look at the 10 year period prior to March 2009. Dates may be off by a day or two because I did it in a hurry. I realize one could probably do a similar thing by looking at May, or October or other months of your choosing (especially around Oct 10 or so), but that wouldn't fit my highly unscientific narrative. 🙂

Just looks to me like caution is in order between say March 6-24 for a significant reversal during times there has been a big move in the opposite direction. Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing. Maybe I'm just wasting extra time these days because this market is far too volatile for this slow blinking, slow thinking guy . . . 

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 7.44.07 AM.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Is that a lot?

Last time this happened in such a short period of time was during the 2008 melt down.

As many of you pointed out, something bigger is going on here. I am trying to get a sense on the gold and silver volatility. Physical volumes have really picked up. Being told the numbers being thrown around in the futures and ETF market are huge. With the inflows of money to metal ETFs, I wonder if the counterparties leasing metal to the ETFs are realizing they may not get the metal back.

Have ever seen this?

With oil down almost 9% today after this OPEC meeting, here's the dividend yields for major oil companies: BP 8%, Exxon 7.3%, Total 6.9%, ENI 8.1%, Chevron 5.4% and, if you're really feeling bold, Occidental at 11.4%.

Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak says OPEC+ countries are free to pump-at-will from April 1

Are we seeing the end of the petro dollar regime….Now that we are the biggest oil producing country according to Trump, Seems the rest of the world is using our old tricks against us. Killing the price and our industry while China is using their currency to buy oil from the other largest suppliers.  

Archived