Getting Closer To My Masterwork

Hypertiger

Yeah, silver is pretty cheap it seems - the problem I have with silver is that it has a low value density compared to gold, so if you had to move quantities of it, it could get to be a headache fast. Also, the physical density of silver is quite a bit lower too - witness the difference in sizes between one ounce gold coins vs. one ounce silver coins. Silver is also prone to oxidation too.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First we get the deflation, then we get the inflation. The amount of inflation will be determined by how much paper wealth the boomers manage to hang on to before the majority hit retirement age. There is no happy ending for the boomer majority. Mega deflation now, or mega inflation later. The only thing that won't inflate will be real estate (too many boomers selling). Of course, a few dozen nukes would totally negate this theory. I just had to throw that in. Is this not the "Temple of Doom"? :P

Guest AssMaster

Hah...a year ago I told my friend we should go in on making designer face masks for the Asian market. You know, Gucci, Prada, CK, etc. logos so they would be cool.

Another great plan before it's time.

From Reuters --

"Money fund risks will not prevent Fed cut-Lehman

Fri April 4, 2003 01:52 PM ET

NEW YORK, April 4 (Reuters) - Speculation that the Federal Reserve might be constrained in cutting U.S. interest rates much further because of the damage it could do to money market mutual funds (MMMFs) greatly overstates the case, anal cysts at Lehman Brothers argued in a report on Friday."

Complete article here --

http://reuters.com/financeNewsArticle.jhtm...storyID=2511002

Not to get political, just enjoyed the writing...

Iraqi risked his life to lead Marines to POW Lynch

By Juan O. Tamayo

Knight Ridder News Service

MARINE COMBAT HEADQUARTERS, Iraq - The Iraqi man who tipped U.S. Marines to the location of American POW Jessica Lynch said yesterday that he did so after he saw her Iraqi captor slap her twice as she lay wounded in a hospital.

"A person, no matter his nationality, is a human being," the tipster, a 32-year-old lawyer whose wife was a nurse at the hospital, said at the Marines' headquarters, where he, his wife and their daughter are being treated as heroes and guests.

"He is an extremely courageous man who should serve as an inspiration to all of us to do the right thing," said Lt. Col. Rick Long, a spokesman for the First Marine Expeditionary Force.

After the lawyer saw Lynch slapped, he slipped into her room at the Saddam Hospital in Nasiriyah and told her, "Don't worry." Then he walked six miles to the nearest Marines and told them where she was

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/5553574.htm

• 2 weeks later...
Not that it will change anything, but do you think we will see a mad dash by the lemmings to buy housing once mortgage rates tick up a bit? A "last chance saloon" type deal? Buy now or forever regret your life for not buying a mcmansion when rates were so low!

Just before they bulldoze the mcmansion over the cliff

I remember the real estate boom here in Australia in the late 1980's. Interest Rates went to about 17%. For a while the real estate bubble continued to expand.

People thought that exactly like the quote from mjkst27.

Eventually it did come crashing down.

I expect this behaviour again

Archived