Another Big Red One In the Morning 2/21/20

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from yesterday. Close enough. Now truth be told nothing is going to contain the virus but this is going to be a political disaster for the administration of biblical proportions. 

Let's set that aside. 

Mortality rate for flu.   point 1 percent

Mortality rate for Coronavirus.  looking like 2%

Coronavirus-infected Americans flown home against CDC’s advice

https://www.washingtonpost....

Maybe this Coronabear VIrus is the real deal. Should I avoid Chinese restaurants? Oh, wait. I'm in Zadar, Croatia. There are no Chinese Restaurants. But we do have a great Asian fusion place about 150 meters from my door. 

Mmmmm... Soooosheeee....

I'm outtahere. 

Back in a bit! 

Almost nobody doesn't go to work or a restaurant because they might get the flu. Plenty of people go to work and out and about when they are sick too. Even though it kills thousands of Americans a year.   Remember,  point 1% mortality.

Now imagine 20 times that mortality. Just ponder that for awhile. Luckily indoor season , winter,  is coming to an end. Then there is next season. 

Then you have a gaggle of Fedheads playing public health experts,and saying, 'don't worry'.  Lead by Vice Chairman Richard last name sounds like a venereal disease. 

55 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Almost nobody doesn't go to work or a restaurant because they might get the flu. Plenty of people go to work and out and about when they are sick too. Even though it kills thousands of Americans a year.   Remember,  point 1% mortality.

Now imagine 20 times that mortality. Just ponder that for awhile. Luckily indoor season , winter,  is coming to an end. Then there is next season. 

Then you have a gaggle of Fedheads playing public health experts,and saying, 'don't worry'.  Lead by Vice Chairman Richard last name sounds like a venereal disease. 

no imagination necessary

1000 dead per million

vs

20000 dead per million

It's probably worth noting, for posterity's sake, that the NY Times had this phrase in a story  on 2/23/20

"Using the power of monetary policy to combat a potential pandemic". 

The headline and lede

Why the Stock Market Isn’t Too Worried About Coronavirus

There would be risks in relying on the Fed to bail out the economy from a potential pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/20/upshot/coronavirus-stock-market.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=The%20Upshot

Read it and weep.

Archived