Come on Beethoven, You Can Do It 2/14/20

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21 hours ago, Jorma said:

Keeping track of what I think is a good analog for the entire political economy and thus a good story;  the DOD just canceled a $1bn missile defense system where Boeing was a major partner. It didn't work too good. This on the heels of the failed orbiter it was building for NASA which had a well publicized failure, and another equally bad one, something about a million lines of code,  which are so bad the thing probably should be written off.  I wonder if they have sold any commercial aircraft this month?  Making BA a pretty tempting buy but I favor the cruise lines right now.

Actually I favor TSLA. It's going to one million.

My favorite long is Portajohnny.com. 

Virtual outhouses. 

13 hours ago, DrStool said:

Yeah. And? 

Your such an a hole, I mean that in the nicest possible way.  Anyhow you might not want to come back.

The SS is now going to expand further into the cities, that are full of the untermenschen.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/trump-deploying-border-patrols-highly-armed-elite-tactical-agents-in-major-us-cities/

The impeachment acquittal was our Enabling Act. 

I said a couple years ago that he would put troops in the street. He wants to instigate an incident as a pretext for putting the military in the streets. But the one hope that I have is that military will not comply. Then we'd have a true governmental crisis.

I won't call it a Constitutional crisis. We already had that. Over and done. They killed it. Mitch McConnell killed the US Constitution. No more checks and balances. The dictator is the law. The Ruling Party merely executes his orders. 

Our sole hope now rests with the US military and its code of honor. 

Since the market is closed today, I'll keep this thread open. 

Right now I am in Zadar, Croatia. In March I go to Zagreb. Then I head back to the Schengen area, headed first to Poland where I'll spend several weeks visiting the places of my ancestral roots, and honoring the memory of Polish Jewry.  I am particulary fascinated by Warsaw and am looking forward to seeing how it feels to immerse myself in that city for a short time. 

Then I head west, by way of Prague and possibly Nuremberg, to Paris. I'll ultimately end the trip for a month in my favorite city, Nice. Then back to the good old USA after a short visit to Avignon on the way back to Paris from Nice. 

I have no grandchildren of my own. I had step grandchildren. I was there when they were born, so for me, it was the real thing.  The rest is a difficult story. While I'm still close with my ex, it's a different story with the kids. I see some of the grandkids during the summer. Not all. I miss them terribly. 

When I get back to FL, I'll sell the house, downsize to a small condo near the Intracoastal Waterway, which I'll use as an occasional home base. Then I'll apply for my long term visa, and return to Europe for the bulk of my time. I have not made a final decision on where, but Nice is so far way out in the lead.  We'll have to see if dark horse Poland overtakes coming down the home stretch. One thing is certain, however. I will not be spending winters in Warsaw! Then, you'll find me on the Med.  

I'm developing a blog about the experience, 200daysineurope.com.  I built the framework, but haven't yet added much content. That will come.  I'm still pretty busy with my part time day job. 😄

Archived