Whip Whop Market 1/28/20

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An now, a woid from our sponsor. 

Dealers cut back their fixed income inventories ever so slightly over the past month. They also increased their hedges, but again, slightly. They are still near historical record net long positions, and still carry historic levels of leverage.

With a bulge in Treasury supply on the way, is this where the bond market might trigger them throwing up their hands and saying WTF, despite the Fed?

Subscribers, click here to download the report.

Also, I have republished Thursday’s Treasury market update due to a faulty posting with  links to an earlier report. Those errors have have now been corrected. I apologize for the delay! 

Get this report and access to past reports.  Read Lee Adler’s Liquidity Trader risk free for 90 days! 90 day risk free trial offer is for first time subscribers only.

Headlines from WSE- Nothing new. 

China’s Coronavirus Is The New Trade War

by Jeffrey P. Snider •  • 0 Comments

According to anal cysts and economists who watch these things, Germany’s IFO Business Climate Index was expected to continue its rise. Having purportedly bottomed out back in September, like other sentiment indicators this one had been on the rebound, too, if, though, much less than those others (especially the “stimulus” loving ZEW). While maybe not suggesting […]

MUST READ

Trend Breaks

by Sven Henrich •  • 0 Comments

It’s that time of the year again when another exuberant rally gets too cocky, produces massive overbought readings as everybody is trampling long into stocks, is ignoring all the warning signs and […]

I don't recall a time where there is no news chatter about an immanent  Fed meeting until now. I can't find any mention of it on Bloomberg for cripes sake. I suppose there is something there, somewhere.  It's an amazing thing.  

Nobody who is employed in disseminating information to the general public wants to report on the glaringly obvious and their employers sure don't either.

48 minutes ago, Jorma said:

I don't recall a time where there is no news chatter about an immanent  Fed meeting until now. I can't find any mention of it on Bloomberg for cripes sake. I suppose there is something there, somewhere.  It's an amazing thing.  

Nobody who is employed in disseminating information to the general public wants to report on the glaringly obvious and their employers sure don't either.

Not a peep nowhar. 

I don't care. 

I'm in Zadar. 

Once the Senate show trial is wrapped up, there are a couple of questions. 

Will the American people vote to end the Republican corruption of democracy once and for all?

Will all the votes be counted? 

If they are, will the results be honored?

If they are not, what then?

On second thought, will there even be an election?  

Archived