Tired Turdsday

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DrStool said:

S&P fucutures down 1 nearing 5 AM ET. 

Breakout- I'm too old and my sense of balance isn't the greatest. I'll go partway up.  Did you go to Lovcen? 

The bus rides are the most fun.  

No, just a few quick hits along the coast on cruises.  Stunning, under-visited places.  Enjoy!

PS great video!

Kotor is gorgeous, but twilight is early because the sun drops behind the mountains at 3:30 PM.  The trip around the Bay of Kotor is truly ethereal.  

I am about 100 meters from the Old Town walls. But a 3 minute walk to my right is an indoor shopping mall. It's like Back to the Eighties.  Then across the street is the bayfront promenade with the most spectacular vistas you will see anywhere.  

Croatia and Monetengro have the best coffee of anywhere I've been. They understand how important it is to always have fresh coffee. The cheapest brand here is better than the premium brands in USA. And they pack very small amounts, like 100 grams, so you're not drinking stale coffee all the time like at home.  Unless you cheat and pay 85 cents a cup for those stupid Keurigs.  

Here you can buy 100 grams of any finely ground Arabica in a sealed pack in inert gas in a wide variety of roasts for 85 cents. That's slightly less than 4 ounces.  What's a 12 oz pack of Peets or Starbucks cost at home? $8-12? And it's stale after 5 days. 

The coffee culture here is off the charts. There are 2-3 cafes in every block. Almost as many bakeries.  An nice fresh baked multigrain loaf or baguette costs 79 cents. A white break baguette runs 50-60 cents. At home, $3.50.  

Generally, groceries throughout the Mediterranean rim, whether in Spain, France, Italy, or the Balkans, cost about 30% less than at home.  Spain is closer to -40%.

Archived