The MIT Experiment - Day 8

DoubleFlush

I am bearish I have few thing pointing to 13 days down move like the one we seen in Jan. It will come in play any time between Friday till Tuesday. For few miserly points to go I am not worried.

Feed,

I was wondering if the jammers would be making a push to cross the 10 and 20 dma to give a (false) rally signal in order to spark one if buyers really exist out there. I really wanted to know if watching the for a dma cross-over is a common or reliable indicator, if others would react to the signal.

I use DMAs when I see prices respecting the line as support or resistance in my T/A.

Great work on Night Stool, I've been checking in daily now. Your forecasts look on the money to me.

Tanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply. I was looking over the Gann group over on yahoo and I came across an interesting cycle lesson from Gann. I know youre into Gann so I thought Id bring this up. One of his most important cycles was the 20 year. He liked to make a 20x20 box and then make each box one year and see where they fell on his angles. Well he wrote this a while back and I extended his box and its very interesting. He starts the first box on May 17, 1793 which is when the NYSE incorporated. (He even goes back to the columbus discovery of america with one example) Anyway this particular box goes to 220 by 2012 whcih is when the mayan calendar ends. 2003 is the 210th box and sits on a 45 degree angle from the bottom left which is 1793. The last year to sit there was 1982. Its interesting stuff.

DoubleFlush

I am bearish I have few thing pointing to 13 days down move like the one we seen in Jan. It will come in play any time between Friday till Tuesday. For few miserly points to go I am not worried.

Feed,

I was wondering if the jammers would be making a push to cross the 10 and 20 dma to give a (false) rally signal in order to spark one if buyers really exist out there. I really wanted to know if watching the for a dma cross-over is a common or reliable indicator, if others would react to the signal.

I use DMAs when I see prices respecting the line as support or resistance in my T/A.

Great work on Night Stool, I've been checking in daily now. Your forecasts look on the money to me.

Tanks

DoubleFlush

Any thing is possible. Trading with one indicator in your arsnel is asking for trouble. During the consolidation phase like the one we are in MA crossover will not work.

Some time prices are waiting for longer period MA to catch up with prices before the tread resume. Look how 200 acts like a magnet, Attracts and repel

Wrong on XAU -- thought we'd see rally, but no, below 70 today.

SPX chart: we're in the final C leg up. That move from 827 to 840 today is only 4 waves, though. I think we've got one more tiny little pop above 840. That would be ideal spot to short, but NOW is pretty good too.

Right, Feed?

Fun managers jamboree will get as there.

Archived