Cold Call

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Synthetic long print on MSFT. Single customer bought 45,000 Jan04 35 calls and sold 45,000 Jan 04 35 puts. net cost $-10.70 each. Broker crossed entire trade, no takers in the pit.

Huge!

What's the advantage of this synthetic when the savings you put in treasuries get such a low return?

Is it a big treasury hedge?

rr

Basically this trader has a risk profile of long 9,000,000 shares of MSFT at a cost basis only $1 above the market. The level of margin is 400% as he is short the puts and the calls are basically a punt. If MSFT rallies to $35+ due to his Gamma he will make a fortune.

The risk is at 400% margin he is exposed to MSFT sliding @$35 strike he is already $11 in the hole. Should MSFT slide 20% between now and Jan he will take a multi-million dollar beating.

Alll in all a very aggresive directional trade that lloks like a hail mary.

sweef- I love you man. Perhaps, in anger, I did not make clear what I meant. There is a wide diversity of opinion on this site, but it is a bear site. All I said was that I don't want to see third party advisory opinions on THIS THREAD while I'm here. I am interested in what YOU think, not what Joe Schmoe Advisory thinks. Furthermore, there are lots of other places where opposing points of view can be posted. There's even a Forum that specializes in "gaming the tape" which I don't believe in. I have a technical-cyclical orientation.

There is no limit to the topics which can be opened for discussion, and if there's an interest, we can always open more forums. We have Political Stool. We have TheoStool. We have a Ta Forum and an Intraday TA only thread. We have Mark, We have SG. They frequently take opposing sides. What else do you want? You want a bullish forum, hell I'll open a BullStool. I can guarantee you that I won't particpate, that's for sure.

Narrow? You can say pretty much whatever you want here. What other site is more accomodating.

If its too narrow in that it has a bearish orientation, and you are bullish, then you will need to try a different website. The Stool is was it is, bigger than ever, and more diverse than ever, but still a bear site.

And that's ok.

Archived