World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Grateful grab

Early openers in the midst of an inevitable bounce: Kiwis -0.2%, Aussies +0.7%, Japan +0.8%, Sth Korea +0.4%.

Almost all Aussie sectors partaking of green with IT out in front, +1.3% followed by Energy +1.2%.  Gold is the only red sector, -0.5%.

All Ords

xao_1d.png

http://www.abc.net.au/news/business/

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords finished the day +0.6%.  Most sectors closed up; IT +1.5%, Energy +1.3% and Materials +1.1% were the biggest gainers.  

Over in Asia, China -0.6%, Hong Kong +0.5%, Japan +0.3%, India currently -0.5%.

UK/Europe just open: FTSE +1.1%, DAX and CAC +0.3%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK:UKX&uf=0&

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX:DAX&uf=0&

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR:PX1&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Oddly, I'm still on semi-US time. Can't sleep until 4:30 AM here, then wake up at 10:30 AM. Part of the problem I think is that I keep my computer on US Eastern Time, while I have my phone set to local time. I never feel like doing any work until the evening, then end up working until 1 in the morning. I'm running on pure adrenaline.  

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Oddly, I'm still on semi-US time. Can't sleep until 4:30 AM here, then wake up at 10:30 AM. Part of the problem I think is that I keep my computer on US Eastern Time, while I have my phone set to local time. I never feel like doing any work until the evening, then end up working until 1 in the morning. I'm running on pure adrenaline.  

deleted

Bordeaux is amazing. A bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau costs €3.50 in the wine shops.  

The core of the city is beautiful. But it's gritty outside of that core and even parts within it.  Cities are cities.  While I definitely recommend a visit, it does not displace Nice as my first choice in France. 

Sunday, I'm off to Bilbao.  

Meanwhile, if the market holds above 3100, it could lift off next week. If it drops below that, could get interesting on the downside.  Given the Fed having their backs, the bulls probably have this. 

THE FED AS SANTA

Santa rally full steam ahead.

The overvalued stock market was being a real Grinch.

Until the Fed as Santa came to the rescue on cue on 25 September.

Lots of full stockings this year on Wall Street.

Lets raise a toast to the QE that dare not speak its name!!!!

The QE that is not QE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REPO away there lads!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they remember to send Santa a big christmas thankyou card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived