World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Halcyon hankerings

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Da bullz were running today:  All Ords closed +1.4% with Consumer Staples +2.8% in the lead followed by IT/Healthcare +1.9%.  Gold was the only loser, -0.9%.

Much more sedate in Asia: China -0.2%, Hong Kong +0.1%, Japan +1.2%, India currently +0.7%.

Off to the races in UK/Europe: FTSE +0.4%, DAX +1%, CAC +0.7%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK:UKX&uf=0&

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX:DAX&uf=0&

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR:PX1&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

I'm getting out of here at noon.  I just hope I have a house to return to. 

Some very bad timing for sure.  Not that any analysis is available to time such things except the likely rising trend of hurricanes with a warmer climate so more in the nature of bad luck.  If things go close to as bad as possible I heard then it would be the worst FL hurricane in 30 years.  Usually the worst case doesn't happen but somehow it feels right that this would be that time.

It's no longer possible  to book a flight out of S. FL. I' am on the last train out.  If that sucker doesn't turn before it hits the coast, the insurance losses will be mind boggling. There are no major insurers in the residential property business in FL. Just a bunch of mom and pop insurers.  

They did that under the theory that many small insurers could sustain losses in small areas. But a storm this big, hitting a wide swath of the state would wipe them out. For me, and other FL property owners, this is a worst case scenario.  

Archived