World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Bewildered bobbing

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

A choppy day for All Ords with the index finishing +0.3%.  Sectors ranged from Energy +1.4% down to Gold -0.8%.

Over in Asia, China +0.1%, Hong Kong -0.8%, Japan +0.1%, India currently -0.7%.

UK/Europe sinking on open: FTSE -0.7%, DAX -0.2% and CAC -0.4%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK:UKX&uf=0&

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX:DAX&uf=0&

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR:PX1&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

FOUR TYPES OF PUMP AND DUMP

1/ Penny stock pump and dump:

This is the old style pump and dump of penny stocks that's been around for ages.

2/ Large cap pump and dump:

Since 2009 its been the golden age of large cap pump and dumps as large cap companies have spent billions of borrowed money to buy back there shares. The great example of this type of pump and dump has been GE.

3/ Drive by pump and dump:

This is actually a term I invented. This could also be called greenmail pump and dump and refers to activist investors buying a stake in a company and then persuading it to buy back its own stock - the activist selling into the buy back. 

4/ IPO pump and dump:

We are having quite a bout of this right now. The valuation is ramped up in the private equity raising rounds and then the stock is dumped with maximum hype on the public. Cant wait for the Wework IPO!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

FOUR TYPES OF PUMP AND DUMP

1/ Penny stock pump and dump:

This is the old style pump and dump of penny stocks that's been around for ages.

2/ Large cap pump and dump:

Since 2009 its been the golden age of large cap pump and dumps as large cap companies have spent billions of borrowed money to buy back there shares. The great example of this type of pump and dump has been GE.

3/ Drive by pump and dump:

This is actually a term I invented. This could also be called greenmail pump and dump and refers to activist investors buying a stake in a company and then persuading it to buy back its own stock - the activist selling into the buy back. 

4/ IPO pump and dump:

We are having quite a bout of this right now. The valuation is ramped up in the private equity raising rounds and then the stock is dumped with maximum hype on the public. Cant wait for the Wework IPO!!!!!!

Without pump and dump, without the promise of large capital gains via asset inflation, managed by the financially powerful, there would not be an America.  Or will not be, as the case may be.  When the great engine of asset inflation ends so too will the USA. 

I am being provocative but that is my belief. 

Archived