Sign in to follow this  
aussiebear

World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Unstable undulations

Rate this topic

Expectations for QE in the euro area, however, diverge wildly. The market is currently pricing in around 100 billion euros ($112 billion) to 200 billion euros of fresh stimulus, according to Alessandro Tentori, chief investment officer at Axa Investment Managers.

ABN Amro expects purchases of 70 billion euros a month over nine months. Morgan Stanley predicts QE at either 45 billion euros or 60 billion euros a month for at least a year. Goldman Sachs estimates that the ECB will spend a total of as much as 300 billion euros.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-13/draghi-s-final-stimulus-push-keeps-bond-investors-in-suspense?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_content=economics&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-economics

No matter whenever and how much it's going to be the first 1000 point up day. Then I can't guess about when the Fed announces more QE.  Even our liberals are all in on QE.  There is a drumbeat to borrow more to fund saving the earth from warming, somehow.  

Love your fundamental anal yses Jimbo! Keep em coming. Been featuring them on WSE. 

Jimbo has been with us from somewhere Down Under (or NZ?) for 17 years!  

Awesome! 

More QE....

I just...

can't...

I suspect that there will be helicopter money this time, and that will drive CPI through the roof. 

19 hours ago, DrStool said:

More QE....

I just...

can't...

I suspect that there will be helicopter money this time, and that will drive CPI through the roof. 

How can helicopter money happen?  The Fed has to buy an asset and then will create a deposit in the sellers bank account.  They can't send me and you a thousand bucks. There is no way for the Fed to drop money.  The Treasury could but would banks accept this money for deposit?  

On 8/17/2019 at 1:34 PM, DrStool said:

More QE....

I just...

can't...

nah, cpi <2% for eternity.....It's all how they DON'T add it up............

12 hours ago, Jorma said:

How can helicopter money happen?  The Fed has to buy an asset and then will create a deposit in the sellers bank account.  They can't send me and you a thousand bucks. There is no way for the Fed to drop money.  The Treasury could but would banks accept this money for deposit?  

Fed will buy Treasuries. Government programs direct where it is spent. They've already paid the rich. With the election coming, Trump will want to pay everybody else, and the Dimocrats in the House will happily oblige. 

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Fed will buy Treasuries. Government programs direct where it is spent. They've already paid the rich. With the election coming, Trump will want to pay everybody else, and the Dimocrats in the House will happily oblige. 

No way to get such a bill or bills passed next year. No way. And still that would not be helicopter money.  As in money in people pockets right now.

It's all going to be more of the same old same old. With the deficit sure to rise the QE will function to fund that borrowing.