World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Jeopardized jollity

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBAC says net bill issuance for Q3 will be $119 billion. As of July 30 when that was written, net issuance was $-40 billion. That means that net issuance in August and September will be $159 billion, or an average of $80 billion per month. Net coupon issuance over the balance of the quarter will be $206 billion.  That's total net issuance of $365 billion in Aug-Sep. Wow. 

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords meandered sideways after the initial drop to finish -0.4%.  Gold +6.3% remained the big winner followed by REITS +2.1%.  Energy lost the most, -2.5%.

Heavy losses in Asia: China -1.4%, Hong Kong -2.4%, Japan -2.1%, India currently +0.3%.

Off the cliff in UK/Europe: FTSE -2%, DAX -2.6%, CAC -2.7%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

I don't  want to smile too soon, but I sense vindication for my analysis and conviction that it would ultimately prove correct. I mean, you can blame Trump's trade war but that was not  a change of direction. It's following a predictable path.

No, this is about the liquidity, and especially the fact that they're panicking into bonds concurrently with panicking out of stocks. They'll live to rue the day they did that. And it won't take long.    

3 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I don't  want to smile too soon, but I sense vindication for my analysis and conviction that it would ultimately prove correct. I mean, you can blame Trump's trade war but that was not  a change of direction. It's following a predictable path.

No, this is about the liquidity, and especially the fact that they're panicking into bonds concurrently with panicking out of stocks. They'll live to rue the day they did that. And it won't take long.    

Trump hasn't even signed the debt ceiling bill, yet.

Archived