World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Timid toggling

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE COYOTE CYCLE IN ACTION

Anyone who wants to see the "Coyote Cycle" (hmmmm perhaps I should trademark the term) in action only need look at the long term stock chart of GE.

A series of pumps due top massive stock buying with borrowed money followed by a series of dumps due to the ceasation of such buying.

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords trundled sideways to finish +0.2%.  It was a big day for the Gold sector, +3.8% followed by Miners +2.7% and Materials +2%.  Financials -0.8% was down the most.

Over in Asia, China -1%, Hong Kong -0.7%, Japan +0.4%, India currenty -0.7%.

A red start for UK/Europe: FTSE -0.4%, DAX -0.7%, CAC -0.3%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

2 hours ago, Olduvai said:

Gold at all time high in Australian Dollars, just 2% short of A$2000image.png.83dcc98e16d2b332162b1281e571347f.png

Yep waiting patiently for all the sub $1 stocks to make a break for it ..  they're putting in massive bases but have yet to do meaningful rises. 

In the meantime I'm getting lots of other stuff done ..  cleaned out the bookshelves in my study today ..  chucked out squillions of floppy disks, Windows 95 installation cds, dead modems, keyboards, the odd mouse, sheesh..

U.S. Budget Gap Balloons to $739 Billion Despite Tariff Revenue

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-12/u-s-budget-gap-hits-739-billion-with-four-months-left-in-year

The U.S. budget deficit widened to $738.6 billion in the first eight months of the fiscal year, a $206 billion increase from a year earlier, despite a revenue boost from President Donald Trump’s tariffs on imported merchandise.

The shortfall was 38.8% more than the same period a year ago, the Treasury Department said in its monthly budget review released on Wednesday. So far in the fiscal year that began Oct. 1, a revenue increase of 2.3% hasn’t kept pace with a 9.3% rise in spending.

1 hour ago, fxfox said:

Given the news, which are badass bad bad, market is much too stable. They have it under control. Next Saturn V move comming once consilidation is over.

Short term, let's say till the July Fed meeting, it's up to Fed words.   At some point it will be up to Fed printing as in show me the money.

I will presume there is enough residual Fed self respect that they will not cut rates hard, which is really just words,  much less print, QE,  if the market is soaring.  

I guess we can't forget some surprise moves by the ECB or BOJ which could give a jolt up to the markets.

Archived