Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aussiebear

World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Sizzling sang-froid

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

When they try  to put that 737 Max killing machine back in the air, we'll see the true extent of the problem for the murderer Boeing. My bet is that enough people will refuse to fly on that airplane that Boeing dies.  Its entire executive class should be in jail.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Yellow line busted. Sell. 

 

Capture.PNG

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrStool said:

When they try  to put that 737 Max killing machine back in the air, we'll see the true extent of the problem for the murderer Boeing. My bet is that enough people will refuse to fly on that airplane that Boeing dies.  Its entire executive class should be in jail.  

The control problems are fixable and will be.  They are going back up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DrStool said:

Yellow line busted. Sell. 

 

Capture.PNG

Great call added to [email protected] looking for 10.45-10.65 range to sell.

Took a small option short BYND:

5 puts contracts Jun21 strike 70  got in a bit early @6.50  looking for 10.00

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jorma said:

The control problems are fixable and will be.  They are going back up.  

That plane is a killing machine. It wants to stall based on its design. Sooner or later it will fail again, and kill again.  Enough people will refuse to fly on it that the airlines will stop flying them. 

This one is short and to the point. I've read other long highly technical pieces that I did not fully understand, but which reached the same conclusion.  

https://observer.com/2019/05/boeing-737-max-software-fix-permanently-ground/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DrStool said:

That plane is a killing machine. It wants to stall based on its design. Sooner or later it will fail again, and kill again.  Enough people will refuse to fly on it that the airlines will stop flying them. 

This one is short and to the point. I've read other long highly technical pieces that I did not fully understand, but which reached the same conclusion.  

https://observer.com/2019/05/boeing-737-max-software-fix-permanently-ground/

If the pilots fly them, now, then you can know they are safe. Collectively, and in the US there are unions, they have 10,000 times more knowledge and information on this than we ever will. 

That said it was never a particularly good performing plane that among other things has very high take off and landing speeds and an obscure flaw where the ailerons may lock up. It's likely the MCAS caused this condition.  Again if pilots return to the plane then you can be sure they are safe. Maybe they won't. I was just a grunt but I worked on mechanical systems my whole life and with controls engineers for 20  years.  

 It has been flying for 50 years with a great safety record. It isn't inherently unstable. This latest iteration of the plane is a Frakenplane. It's birth coinciding with a period of now unbelievable safety. There has not been a crash of a passenger plane in the US of a large airliner in going on 18 years when there used to be multiple crashes a year from the mid 60's on. 

The response of Boeing and  regulators after the first crash, then the second is beyond the pale. Then last week the pathetic little boot licker acting FAA secretary who refused to ground the thing after the second crash and only did when fking Trump said it should be, had the nerve to blame 'foreign pilots' for the crashes. Disgust with the whole affair is justified but know it won't mean a thing.  Nobody higher up will pay except Boeing top execs might get a smaller bonus this year. While the whole saga is a good analog for what is going on with the entire system don't get carried away by the story. It isn't like the banking and financial system where crashes have been endemic for 30 years. Just the opposite in fact.

http://www.askthepilot.com/ethiopian-737max-crash/

(Smith mentions two 737 crashes here but those were not caused by anything to do with the air frame or its deficiencies but a bad hydraulic servo valve)

The Air France  flight 447,  an Airbus A330, plunged into the Atlantic in 2009 on a combination of failed sensors and ultra modern flight controls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!

    Support your local Stool Board.

×
×
  • Create New...