World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vexed vistas

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They claim it will boost demand. What about those depositors who live off their interest income having their savings confiscated? Negative interest rates are a tax on depositors. Raising taxes stimulates demand? 

Fucking morons. 

Do you think my comment will get through moderation. 

1. Your comment is awaiting moderation. 

You goddamn fucking morons.

You claim it will boost demand. What about those depositors who live off their interest income having their savings confiscated? Negative interest rates are a tax on depositors. Raising taxes stimulates demand?

Double entry world, assholes.

LEAVE A COMMENT

I know fundamentals don't matter but the US which has had sanctions on buyers of Iranian oil, but with exceptions via wavers, has now ended the wavers. China, India and Turkey the biggest buyers I think. At any rate gasoline is soaring and oil is no slouch. 

I won't bore you with my list of strategic worries about war with Iran and all that would come with it including disruption if only temporary of Gulf oil supplies,   The point is if your looking for a hook for rising rates on inflation news this is a story for you. Then too such may be great for earnings of the oil companies,  but not any company that actually makes and ships things. Well no problem  for FB.

Then there are the sanctions against, China? Oh my. China is going to sign a trade deal at the same time new penalties are put on it?  Can you say political  disaster for Xi? Ultimately MAGA can't happen without some economic pain. Of course with enough economic pain there can't be MAGA, on Trumps terms.

SS administrators say outlays will exceed contributions in 2020.  Thus ending the 36 year run of SS withholding's reducing the stated annual deficits, and of course reducing the Treasuries need to come to the market to borrow the money. They just 'borrowed' it from workers. That happy circumstance for the Treasury now goes in reverse. Treasury will have to borrow to pay recipients back.

At this point the numbers will be small and be a more  psychological problem than a real one. The $300bn or so the tax bill already blew in the budget is the real deal. Still....

Archived