Sign in to follow this  
aussiebear

World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Torpid tippling

Rate this topic

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords  finished +0.4% for the day with sectors ranging from Healthcare +1.3% down to Energy/Telecomms -0.8%.

Over in Asia, China with a rocket, +2.4%, Hong Kong +1.1%, Japan +0.2%, India currently +0.9%.

UK/Europe just open: FTSE +0.4%, DAX +0.6%, CAC +0.3%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

SHORTING TESLA AND THE MARGIN OF SAFETY

When you think about it you can apply Warren Bs concept of a margin of safety to shorting stocks.

This is where you only short AFTER the stock has gone down a certain % or below a chart resistence point.

What it the margin of safety for TESLA?????????

Well it looks to be $250. 

34 minutes ago, DrStool said:

If the market doesn't rally on positive earnings surprises, good sign for bears. 

What's this "market" that you speak of? 

Paydowns paydowns paydowns.  The Treasury is finally doing it's part. They have run down their account $90bn this month.  Well I see the 12th. What's with the delay? Maybe tax day will boost that. Otherwise take that TBAC. When do you estimate the debt ceiling is going to come into play Lee? September?

The 10 minute ES chart is fascinating the hell out of me.  MACD two line crossover, your variables may differ. Friday,  12:30.  Monday 12:30. Tuesday, well 12:20 but my screen isn't all that accurate.

1 hour ago, Jorma said:

What's this "market" that you speak of? 

Paydowns paydowns paydowns.  The Treasury is finally doing it's part. They have run down their account $90bn this month.  Well I see the 12th. What's with the delay? Maybe tax day will boost that. Otherwise take that TBAC. When do you estimate the debt ceiling is going to come into play Lee? September?

Debt ceiling drop dead date is hard to estimate, but was about 4 months from debt ceiling reimposition last 2 times as I recall. I wouldn't hang my hat on that. It's something I'll have to look at in the days ahead.