World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Reclusive ratios

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jorma said:

My guess is it goes back into service . You were a leisure traveler. Most air travel is business. Many connections offer few or no options in the required time frame, if at all. The authorities are going to say it's safe. Period. It's already decided. Too much money is at stake. 

Flying today is so vastly safer than ever before by any metric, globally, but especially in the US, that it's difficult to give up trust in the industry top to bottom.  Most people will defer to the experts. That the experts are corrupt is another matter.

The crunch comes if another one goes down. Then it's over for Boeing. They were eager to take the chance after the second crash. Nothing shocked me as much as Boeing and the FAA said no problem. It was insane. Total victory of the Yes Men.

Boeing could be a metaphor for the entire system. As such I think it is the most important stock to watch in the entire world.

Profit is at the margin, in those leisure travelers.  No doubt Airbus will take share. Lots of it. When corruption extends to the point of wantonly taking life, consumers will rebel.  And everybody understands that Boeing's choices were about money. 

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords had a fairly strong day with the index finishing +0.8%.  Sectors ranged from Consumer Staples +1.8% down to Gold -1.1%.

Over in Asia, China flat, Hong Kong -0.1%, Japan +0.7%, India currently +0.2%.

UK/Europe just open: FTSE +0.2%, DAX -0.3%, CAC -0.1%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

5 day cycle projection 2906-2915. They got to the range. 2910 was also an important uptrend line  dating from March 19 on the hourly.  If pullback holds at  2895 or better, the bullish setup would be intact. Otherwise false breakout and reversal. 

Pretty odd that Con Con declined in the face of the stock market rally.  I can't find a chart. Google is astoundingly bad delivering timely economic charts.  

I seem to remember one time when there was a divergence between Con Con and the stock market.

NY Times story on the Boeing mass murder problem is pretty interesting. 

Of course everybody is saying that this will be little more than a bumpy ride for Boeing. That airlines have no choice but to keep buying the plane.  

Yeah, right. 

Boeing could, and probably should, get the death penalty for these negligent homicides. 

Archived