World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Perfunctory perambulation

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the market  will dictate. It's very easy to check on travel sites what kind of plane is on each flight. Flying home, I was well aware that I was ordering a ticket on an Airbus A380 jumbo jet, a model that has never had a crash.  Doesn't guarantee a thing of course, but it's a selling point. Enough people will cancel or avoid flying the 737 Max to make it infeasible to continue to fly them, especially since the line of liability goes straight to Boeing's C-suite.  I think the company is doomed in its present form.   

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

I think that the market  will dictate. It's very easy to check on travel sites what kind of plane is on each flight. Flying home, I was well aware that I was ordering a ticket on an Airbus A380 jumbo jet, a model that has never had a crash.  Doesn't guarantee a thing of course, but it's a selling point. Enough people will cancel or avoid flying the 737 Max to make it infeasible to continue to fly them, especially since the line of liability goes straight to Boeing's C-suite.  I think the company is doomed in its present form.   

My guess is it goes back into service . You were a leisure traveler. Most air travel is business. Many connections offer few or no options in the required time frame, if at all. The authorities are going to say it's safe. Period. It's already decided. Too much money is at stake. 

Flying today is so vastly safer than ever before by any metric, globally, but especially in the US, that it's difficult to give up trust in the industry top to bottom.  Most people will defer to the experts. That the experts are corrupt is another matter.

The crunch comes if another one goes down. Then it's over for Boeing. They were eager to take the chance after the second crash. Nothing shocked me as much as Boeing and the FAA said no problem. It was insane. Total victory of the Yes Men.

Boeing could be a metaphor for the entire system. As such I think it is the most important stock to watch in the entire world.

Archived