World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Haunted hysteria

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

A touch of selling late in the day for All Ords with the index finishing +0.4%.  Sectors ranged from IT +2% down to Gold -1.1%.

Over in Asia, China and Hong Kong +0.2%, Japan flat, India currently +0.3%.

Looking a bit dodgy in UK/Europe: FTSE +0.5%, DAX and CAC flat.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Interesting day out and about in Zagreb today. Got off the beaten track and saw the grungy, downtrodden, shabby side of the city.  Extreme contrasts around every corner, from grand and gorgeous, to decrepit and crumbling.  People have told me that young people are leaving the country  because there are no good jobs. The population is declining. 

While there are some stunning upscale blocks, I saw little sign of gentrification of the fringe blocks. Apparently there are some newer neighborhoods doing better to the south. Haven't seen those. 

51 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Interesting day out and about in Zagreb today. Got off the beaten track and saw the grungy, downtrodden, shabby side of the city.  Extreme contrasts around every corner, from grand and gorgeous, to decrepit and crumbling.  People have told me that young people are leaving the country  because there are no good jobs. The population is declining. 

While there are some stunning upscale blocks, I saw little sign of gentrification of the fringe blocks. Apparently there are some newer neighborhoods doing better to the south. Haven't seen those. 

The only places in the world doing well, outside China, are places that have outposts of major corporations or smaller corporations who are major vendors to large corporations. Of course larger cities need more of them. For small cities and then just small towns having no significant outpost of a major corporation means certain deflation. Obviously I do not mean a Wallmart store.

Relentlessly all wealth and income flows to and through corporations and those who work for them. Company men they used to be called. 

It's asounding that the 'elites' everyone complains about, the ones who directly effect their lives on a day to day basis, are corporate. Astounding because it is never recognized. Only government and NGO but not corporate elites are singled out.

Archived