World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Waspish whirring

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Another day of thrashing it out with All Ords closing -0.4%.  IT +1.1% gained the most and Miners/Materials brought up the rear, -1.4%.

Asia came off the lows: China flat, Hong Kong -0.5%, Japan +0.2%, India currently +0.2%.

UK/Europe just open: FTSE flat, DAX -0.8%, CAC -0.1%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

Stupid me.  Does the Fed actually make their announcement at the Eccles building? Fun fact. It was named that only in 1982, previously it was just the Federal Reserve Building.  Why Reagan went along with naming it after FDR's appointed chairman, Marriner Stoddard Eccles, I have no clue.  

47 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Stupid me.  Does the Fed actually make their announcement at the Eccles building? Fun fact. It was named that only in 1982, previously it was just the Federal Reserve Building.  Why Reagan went along with naming it after FDR's appointed chairman, Marriner Stoddard Eccles, I have no clue.  

According to WIKI

The naming was a component of the Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act (1982)

"An Act to revitalize the housing industry by strengthening the financial stability of home mortgage lending institutions and ensuring the availability of home mortgage loans"

S&L crisis soon followed......

It now makes all the sense in the new financial world........

Archived