World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Thoughtful twiddling

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Ords 5-day chart

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU:XAO&uf=0&

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords finished flat with sectors ranging from REITS +0.7% down to Gold -2.1%.

Over in Asia, China +1%, Hong Kong +0.7%, Japan +0.8%, India currently +1%.

Up and away for UK/Europe: FTSE +0.5%, DAX +0.1%, CAC +0.2%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

51 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Surprise surprise. Market rallies on "trade progress."

What progress?  Black is white.  The Trump Xi meeting has been pushed back to, maybe, mid April. Late this month had been the well advertised target. 

We are going to  cave on things like verification and declare victory.  It borders on the astounding Trump didn't tell them to wrap it up now. He must be seething.

What a gorgeous day here in Split. I was on the Promenade as the kids passed, protesting climate change. "Stop climate change," their signs said, in English. "There is no Planet B."  

God bless the children.  

2 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Not that it needs noting but TNX is flirting with the Dec low and almost every stock market in the world is or was up today. In the face of the $54bn coupon settlement.

I was just this instant thinking about this. It's pretty clear that in the short run, traders can generate enough liquidity on their own to overcome anything. Even you and I could do so if we want, even if we have no cash. If we own stocks or bonds, we can simply place buy orders on margin, and the banks who make margin loans to brokers will create the liquidity to execute those buy orders instantly. 

Magnify that to a worldwide institutional scale and you have the mania to end all manias. Hell, even I had a buy order recommendation on Monday morning. The technicals were pretty clear. 

I always wonder whether technicals or liquidity should take preference. The answer is, it depends. It always depends.  Believe the technicals until proven otherwise.  

Yest and today were supposed to be down (hard), right?

Too many if‘s and could, should, would in that whole liquidity stuff. I follow price. That‘s all. I know many very  smart people in the bank, they all are fully aware of that macro liquidity thing. It is not the case that we are doing something which know one else on earth does or sees. Many many times in the past 10 or so years have we been caught on the wrong foot. One simply cannot say that liquity analysis is superior. It even doesn‘t give us an edge.

Follow the price. That‘s tough enough..

Archived